Hello. New guy with a question regarding a project.

UnderdogAnomaly

Joined Dec 4, 2019
Hello. I'm a new student here trying to implement a project into Logisim in order to put it on the broadboard of a trainer box. I'm replicating how an elevator works, but the timing part of the problem I'm having issues with.

Here's what this circuit diagram is supposed to do.

1. The system has four states: 1st floor/open door, 1st floor/closed door, 2nd floor/open door, and 2nd floor/closed door.
  2. The elevator should remain at rest until someone presses a button.
  3. The rest states are defined to be the states where the door is closed.
  4. If someone presses the 1 or Down button, the elevator should go to the 1st floor, open the door (1st floor = 1, door = 1) and remain in this state for a small amount of time, then close the door (1st floor = 1, door = 0).
  5. If someone presses the 2 or Up button, the elevator should go to the 2nd floor, open the door (2nd floor = 1, door = 1) and remain in this state for a small amount of time, then close the door (2nd floor = 1, door = 0).

Here is a picture of my current Logisim circuit, which could work with opening the door when the Up or the Down button is pressed. If Logisim is not appropriate to use as opposed to Multisim, let me know. I just have Logisim because it's free and easy-to-use. I also realize that I can't attach the circ. file with this post.

phpIoyH4S.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I also realize that I can't attach the circ. file with this post.
You can attach if you change the extension to one that's supported (e.g. .txt).
  1. If someone presses the 1 or Down button, the elevator should go to the 1st floor, open the door (1st floor = 1, door = 1) and remain in this state for a small amount of time, then close the door (1st floor = 1, door = 0)
  2. If someone presses the 2 or Up button, the elevator should go to the 2nd floor, open the door (2nd floor = 1, door = 1) and remain in this state for a small amount of time, then close the door (2nd floor = 1, door = 0).
Have you posted the complete text of the problem? Since elevators don't usually have their doors opened until you press a button, you never have a chance to enter the elevator.

For instance. If the elevator was on the first floor, pressing the up button should open the door for a brief time, then close, then go to the second floor, then open the door for a brief time, and then close.

Your problem statement (#2 in this case) has the elevator go to the second floor, open the door, then close the door. That doesn't seem right because the door never opened for you to enter.

What components are you allowed to use?

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
you can even simulate your elevator by adding a cc ramp and level hold . . . but it's maybe an overkill like and this i·TEEL DSCRT PR-PR KBD-200b.gif

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
As above, a two-floor elevator problem is more complex than you have stated. Consider that there are four possible starting conditions: With both doors closed and the car not moving, the car can be on either floor (C1 or C2), and you (the rider) can be on either floor (R1 or R2).

I understand the instructional value of not-quite-real-world problems, and strongly support their use. However ...

One nice thing about the two-floor problem is that there do not need to be separate UP and DOWN buttons on the floors. Since the car can only go up from floor 1 and only down from floor 2, each floor can have a single Call button. See if your instructor thought about that.

ak