HeathKit SB22A power requirements (how much current?)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I was just given an SB22A 40 meter sideband transeiver , with no power cable and no manual and no additional information. I did download the assembly and operation manual BUT while it mentioned the required voltages it said nothing at all about the current required. I can look up the filament current of the different tubes and arrive with that current, but the three DC voltages would be much more challenging.And the final amplifier tubes (6GE6's) are normally horizontal output tubes, and that application's information is not very useful for them in linear amplifier service.Does anybody have any information about the actual current draw of this radio?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Attach the operation manual. Do you mean a DX-40?
No, it is an SB22A, a single band (40 METER, 7.2-7.3 mHZ), SSB transceiver It has an 11 pin connector on the rear edge of the chassis, and a notation as to the voltages needed, but neither the note nor the downloaded manual mentions the current. I found the ratings of the associated power supply, but that supply works with a lot of those radios and, while it is available, I am too cheap to spend as much as those supplies are selling for, since I have no idea if the radio works or not. So checking supply current will also be a diagnostic tool.