Heat Sensor Lm35 Project to 7 segemt display

ahmedsaleh

Joined Feb 10, 2017
Hi , i am asking about how to put the output of heat sensor LM35Dz or any heat sensor to the 7 segement display in celeuis but with out any digital method like arduino or PIC or AVR or any things like that

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The seven segment display is digital and any chip driving it will be digital. So you take the analog output of the sensor and convert it A/D (Ana;log to Digital. You can go with the omission of any PIC or AVR or micro-controller but with a seven segment display here will be digital. You want to avoid digital? Use an amplifier and drive an analog meter movement or forget the LM35 and use a thermocouple to drive an analog meter movement like the early hand held pyrometers. Try a Google of hand held analog pyrometers. Good luck.

Ron

ahmedsaleh

Joined Feb 10, 2017
The seven segment display is digital and any chip driving it will be digital. So you take the analog output of the sensor and convert it A/D (Ana;log to Digital. You can go with the omission of any PIC or AVR or micro-controller but with a seven segment display here will be digital. You want to avoid digital? Use an amplifier and drive an analog meter movement or forget the LM35 and use a thermocouple to drive an analog meter movement like the early hand held pyrometers. Try a Google of hand held analog pyrometers. Good luck.

Ron
sir , ok but if i want to display the volt which i output from the senosr to 7 -segment display without any coding or anythinglike this what shal i do ?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You use discreet components, the way it was done before micro-processors or micro-controllers were popular. Most sensors give you an analog signal, an analog signal proportional to what you are measuring, for example here is the data sheet for the LM35 temperature sensor. It has a Linear + 10.0 mV/˚C scale factor. The data sheet shows typical applications. The LM 35 outputs a voltage which is proportional to the sensed temperature. Page 8 of the data sheet clearly shows the LM35 sensor using a ADC0804 Analog to Digital converter.

What you need to do is get an understanding of the basics and how things work, including a seven segment display and display drivers. There is no way I can begin to explain all of this in a single day or even a week for that matter. You don't need coding but using a uC (micro-controller) does make things easier but the old ways work fine.

Ron

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
You use discreet components, the way it was done before micro-processors or micro-controllers were popular. Most sensors give you an analog signal, an analog signal proportional to what you are measuring, for example here is the data sheet for the LM35 temperature sensor. It has a Linear + 10.0 mV/˚C scale factor. The data sheet shows typical applications. The LM 35 outputs a voltage which is proportional to the sensed temperature. Page 8 of the data sheet clearly shows the LM35 sensor using a ADC0804 Analog to Digital converter.

What you need to do is get an understanding of the basics and how things work, including a seven segment display and display drivers. There is no way I can begin to explain all of this in a single day or even a week for that matter. You don't need coding but using a uC (micro-controller) does make things easier but the old ways work fine.

Ron
and
What is uC?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Wait a moment. This thread began in 2017, I should have caught that. My last reply was 12 May 2017 directed at the thread starter. Now here we are pushing 5 years later with a new question in post #5? What am I missing in all of this? The thread starter is long gone.

and
What is uC?
If this is a totally different question unrelated to the main topic you may want to start another thread.

Ron