Header pins- Arduino

filipmr

Joined Jan 2, 2021
I am new to arduino, and i want to use an lcd display(2*16), and I need to solder 16 header pins. I have 8 of normal header pins and 8 90 degree pins. Can I use 90 degree pins, or should i buy the normal ones?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I am new to arduino, and i want to use an lcd display(2*16), and I need to solder 16 header pins. I have 8 of normal header pins and 8 90 degree pins. Can I use 90 degree pins, or should i buy the normal ones?
As long as the pitch is the same (fits into the pin through-holes) you can use either. The only differences would be space required and aesthetics. Ninety degree headers require more width; normal headers require more height. As a side note, ninety degree headers are directional. Ask me how I know.

filipmr

Joined Jan 2, 2021
As long as the pitch is the same (fits into the pin through-holes) you can use either. The only differences would be space required and aesthetics. Ninety degree headers require more width; normal headers require more height. As a side note, ninety degree headers are directional. Ask me how I know.
Thank you.