Hazardous Newbe Needs Help With MPG

gmillwater

Joined May 16, 2022
I have a manual pulse generator that I want to drive a tb6600 stepper motor driver. I understand the quadrature output of my encoder, but need a way to output a continuous high or low to my driver. I understand that in one direction the A channel precedes the B channel. And in the other direction, the B channel precedes the A channel. I can get my driver to work by connecting the A channel to DIR, and my B channel to PUL. But it's not reliable. I need a circuit to read the quadrature signals and output a high or low signal until the direction changes, then change the output accordingly.

I know this is a longshot, but figured someone here could help. I'm using this to position a linear table. No accuracy needed, it's just movements.

Thanks in advance...

gmillwater

Joined May 16, 2022
Our quadrature decoder circuit will make use of the data storage capability of the flip-flop. As shown in the figure above we feed the signal from pin A of the decoder into the D port and the B signal into the CLK port. If the pulses from pin A lead those of pin B, the D port will be in a high state whenever the clock port sees a rising edge – hence Q will remain high. Conversely, if the B pulses lead, Q will remain low. In this way the output at Q provides a means of decoding the direction of rotation. The circuit below shows a practical implementation of the quadrature decoder.