Have a Question

thoover

Joined Jan 1, 2006
I had a 2 50V 220uP capasiders and when i put it in a 18V Circut they blew up i was wondering before i get new ones is there is an AMP raiting theat i can look at?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by thoover@Jan 1 2006, 09:12 PM
I had a 2 50V 220uP capasiders and when i put it in a 18V Circut they blew up i was wondering before i get new ones is there is an AMP raiting theat i can look at?
[post=12842]Quoted post[/post]​
The capacitors that you were using are most likely polarized. You may need to check and see if maybe you connected them up in such a way that their positive terminal was connected to ground and their negative terminal was connected to the 18V power source. Reversing the connection to polarized capacitors will result in destroying the capacitors. This destruction can sometimes be dramatic.

hgmjr

abkamara

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Originally posted by thoover@Jan 2 2006, 03:12 AM
[post=12842]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi, My name is Bakarr, a student of the Njala University Freetown, Sierra Leone - West Africa studying computer hardware and electronics system.

I am kindly asking anyone to help me answer these two questions.

1. The advantages and disavantages of RL Coupling

2. The advantages and disavantages of RC Coupling

If you have any idea, please send you answer to: abkamara2005@gmail.com or abkamara@ourwest.com or call: 232 77 574968

Thanks a lot

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
thoover,

Did you design the circuit? If so, please provide us with a drawing so we can help you determine what went wrong.

John