Harvard Air Hockey Table Scorboard / PCB Repair

computermaniac78

Joined May 29, 2021
Hello all, I have a PCB from a Harvard Air Hockey Table scoreboard that I just purchased. The issue is that only some of the segments of the LED score sections light up, and the sound does not work on it either. I am guessing somewhere along the line a few things got zapped out. It's almost identical to the board in https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...display-problem-air-hockey-scoreboard.120942/

Is anyone willing to take a crack at repairing this thing? I'm willing to ship it out and pay for it, just toss me a quote and we can get something figured out. I would love to have this working.....

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there.Welcome to AAC! :) could you possibly take a few photos on both sides of the PCB and the overall condition of the unit please! I claim ignorance concerning protocols in this matter. Soliciting members of AAC for monetary gain.

computermaniac78

Joined May 29, 2021
4BC72326-20B1-44F5-8ACA-4AFDB9FCEA16.jpeg49912EAF-8D0B-4672-BE27-3EC360C52FC2.jpeg
I have attached two images. One for each side.

Thanks for the welcome! I am going to claim ignorance as well, I am sure there is a rule post/sticky somewhere that I did not read, forgetting to check for those since I was a youngster… Not here to break any rules or go against forum policy. Just seriously looking to try and get this thing fixed since I do not have the skill set needed for it. :)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The two black blobs are chips , and will be controlling the display via the 1K resistors and transistors 9012 , you need a dvm to see what pulses and voltage are present.

Tazfreak

Joined Jun 25, 2022
The two black blobs are chips , and will be controlling the display via the 1K resistors and transistors 9012 , you need a dvm to see what pulses and voltage are present.
Thank you for the help. I am a circuit board novice at best but do have soldering skills. I am lost on the diagnosis steps. Any help or diagnosis/repair steps would be greatly appreciated.