Happy Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Today is Oct. 1 2014. I would like to say happy birthday to the global warming crowd. Today marks the 18th year of no detectable temp increase on this planet. Eighteen years. How’s those climate models working out for you? Another glowing example of the triumph of modern science and physics. Yes sir........anyone who doesn’t believe that the planet is warming is a flat earth crackpot or a God fearing fanatic. And it’s all our fault. It’s that nasty CO2. If mankind wouldn’t put CO2 into the air........the planet.....our mother.....wouldn’t self-destruct.
We must not question this. Enlightened and educated well meaning scientist have joined with our trusted leaders to make sure we don’t destroy the earth. They have passed laws and declared CO2 a pollutant and now control its emission.
These laws are not designed to limit the CO2 emission, although they say it is, it it to control WHO gets to emit CO2. A windmill can legally kill all endangered species......while many citizens have gone to prison.
Years ago when this farce all started, there was no question that the earth was warming naturally..........coming out of a ice age.......but how much CO2 was un-naturally being put into the air. But along with 18 years of SAT data showing NO increase....a new review of data shows only a 1 degree increase in the last century.
You don’t hear those headlines do you.
There are many branches of science that depend on computer models for their verification.
Eighteen years of flat temps is not what these models predicted. Does that stop the warming crowd..........no............who are the fanatics?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bar...te-data-oct-1-no-global-warming-past-18-years

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Here is the graph taken from the same news article. Tell me what you see.
Does the graph indicate zero temperature increase in 18 years?

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
What ever you call it and what ever you believe it is surely obvious that we cannot carry on consuming the planet's resources at the rate that we currently are if we want our great grandchildren to have the same quality of life that we enjoy.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
if you carry that chart out to a lot longe ago, you will find a repeating pattern, where the temp slowly rises to a point then suddenly drops to below normal. took a while to find the whole chart.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
We can guess the temperature from CO2 retrieved from Ice.
Chart shows that since the industrial age started CO2 quantity has increased and still is steadily increasing which has effect on earths climate.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
We did guess before but the temperature chicken little was announcing never materialized.

Why should we believe the historical guesses are any better?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
MrChips, I have read some of your technical posts and am surprised you said that. If you look again and average the last 18 years, you will get a flat horizontal line. Also, they took the last 100 years and only got a 1 degree rise. Also notice this is from raw data. That means before it has been corrupted by certain organizations and persons. Hockey stick?
ISB123, every morning. Look at the different frequency components in the oscillations. I believe we could understand planet heat transfer better by tracking down these various frequencies than by trying to understand atmospheric chemistry. After all, heat is a measure of the electric and magnetic.
ericgibbs, what do you think I am taking about?
sirch2, who told you that? That’s a lie. A most terrible and deceptive lie. This planet will be just fine for many, many years. You have nothing to worry about.
Kermit2, over population can be classified with peak oil theory, another modern “successful” theory.
alfacliff, yes we need to study those different components, then maybe we could predict. The chemical processes of the air and ocean are inherently self regulating and self healing amongst many processes. It would be difficult to discern cause. Almost all answers are found in the electric and magnetic anyway.
JoeJester, very true, we need more study, not laws.
ISB123, yes CO2 is going up....that’s a real good thing. As is the temp going up some too, would be excellent. A lot more and better crops and if northern cap is gone......less delta T......more moderate weather......re-grass of Sahara and other northern deserts. It’s all good. Smokem if u got’em.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@BR-549
Thank you for listing the people that disagree with you. The mere weight of so many intelligent people in disagreement with you saves me the trouble of reading the whole thread. ;)

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I found this at https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/surfacestationsreport_spring09.pdf
It talks about the encroachment effects around a weather reporting station. Two were illustrated on http://www.surfacestations.org/

One with encroachment showed an inordinate rise ... while the other decreased. Both had been in their respective location for over 100 years.

Just something to think about ... although the scientists state they can remove those effects mathematically. I'm sure they can, but, how accurate is the results?

The earth is about 197 000 000 square miles, according to http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/earth.htm

I wonder how many square miles per reporting station exist?

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
MrChips, I have read some of your technical posts and am surprised you said that. If you look again and average the last 18 years, you will get a flat horizontal line. Also, they took the last 100 years and only got a 1 degree rise. Also notice this is from raw data. That means before it has been corrupted by certain organizations and persons. Hockey stick?
ISB123, every morning. Look at the different frequency components in the oscillations. I believe we could understand planet heat transfer better by tracking down these various frequencies than by trying to understand atmospheric chemistry. After all, heat is a measure of the electric and magnetic.
ericgibbs, what do you think I am taking about?
sirch2, who told you that? That’s a lie. A most terrible and deceptive lie. This planet will be just fine for many, many years. You have nothing to worry about.
Kermit2, over population can be classified with peak oil theory, another modern “successful” theory.
alfacliff, yes we need to study those different components, then maybe we could predict. The chemical processes of the air and ocean are inherently self regulating and self healing amongst many processes. It would be difficult to discern cause. Almost all answers are found in the electric and magnetic anyway.
JoeJester, very true, we need more study, not laws.
ISB123, yes CO2 is going up....that’s a real good thing. As is the temp going up some too, would be excellent. A lot more and better crops and if northern cap is gone......less delta T......more moderate weather......re-grass of Sahara and other northern deserts. It’s all good. Smokem if u got’em.

Not really a good thing,my country and surrounding countries are getting flooded because of changing climate.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
#12, I don't think that most disagree with me. Many wont admit it, but they can smell. What exactly did I say that is disagreeable? Is the planet warming or cooling....I don't know and did not say. I would guess and hope it is warming. This planet's growth and diversity happened under much higher CO2 levels and a little higher temp. It came out pretty good. It did not tip and ruin the planet. That the CO2 tipping point has been disproved is disagreeable to some. Good...as it should be. For many years climate scientist and politicians have told us the world was in dire straits. They have the scientific evidence......computer models....to prove it. We have to regulate CO2 to save the planet. Regulating CO2 has one purpose and one purpose only.......criminalize capitalism. When you watch this over the years.....it is so evident.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
from http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20140311/
Global temperatures have increased at a rate of 0.22 °Fahrenheit (0.12 °Celsius) per decade since 1951. But since 1998, the rate of warming has been only 0.09°F (0.05°C) per decade — even as atmospheric carbon dioxide continues to rise at a rate similar to previous decades. Carbon dioxide is the most significant greenhouse gas generated by humans.
Interesting tidbit.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Methane is far more dangerous to the atmosphere then CO2 it's 20x times more effective in capturing heat then CO2. With too much heat planet turns into jungle.There is difference between naturally produced CO2 and human produced one.Natural one isn't continuously pumped into the atmosphere while human one is.Which means natural one will disappear as time passes since it isn't produced constantly.
Humans have fiddled with the nature so expected results maybe wont happen(life flourishing).

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The one predominate factor in the climate and in climate change is cloud cover and moisture content. Water, by far is the dominate greenhouse gas. Ironically the moisture content in air has been studied heavily for over one hundred years. Yet with all this science........they can not model cloud cover and moisture in the atmosphere.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Wait a minute there. Just about 10,000 years ago, give or take a 1000 or two, where I lived was covered by a continental sized ice sheet nearly two miles thick.

Who F'ed the temps up so bad back then that caused that much ice to melt? :confused:

Oh yea and don't get me started on that pesky ozone hole that won't stay put or stable, damn thing seems to completely disappear for 7- 9 months every year then pops back every winter since it was found, almost like its on a predictable annual cycle or something.:rolleyes:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
And of course I have not mentioned the most logical and reasonable argument against these environmental policies. Let's assume the politicians are right and we're in trouble. According to these theories.....EVERYBODY has to reduce CO2 emissions. Even the fanatics admit that wont happen. So they want the west to reduce even more, to make up for it. This would fail because it keeps us poor. Our best defense against ANY trouble of ANY nature is...........AFFLUENCE. We are sitting on a bare minimum of 100 trillion dollars of stored solar energy. It will be much greater......AND that's only getting 30% out. We indeed are the most blessed. All that treasure, affluence and prosperity.....ha, ha...the liberal politicians and environmentalist are still in shell shock. They wont be able to stop it. Capitalism really can provide miracles for all.......if you'll just leave it alone. Ones own money in ones own pocket really does solve most social problems over night. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
atferrari Off-Topic 31
atferrari Off-Topic 11
MrChips Off-Topic 5
MrChips Off-Topic 12
MrChips Off-Topic 5