Greetings from RPi 2

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Picked up a Raspberry Pi 2 at the Dayton Hamvention last Saturday. I'm going to use it for generating a precisely timed RTTY FSK signal for my K3. As a bonus it runs Linux and has a web browser which I'm using to create this post.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It seemed less crowded than previous years, but there were more booths in the flea market. Mendelson's was doing a land office business in their tent, and Elecraft intoduced the K3S. Yeasu, Icom, and Kenwood seemed more subdued this year, and TEN-TEC was about the same level of activity as last year. MCM was also doing a land office business in RPi 2 starter kits for $64.00

I went to the forums on RTTY Contesting, and HF Backpack Antennas. They were both worthwhile.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Picked up a Raspberry Pi 2 at the Dayton Hamvention last Saturday. I'm going to use it for generating a precisely timed RTTY FSK signal for my K3. As a bonus it runs Linux and has a web browser which I'm using to create this post.
It's one sweet board for the price. Just be sure to get a good USB supply (2A 5VDC) with larger wires for it. It's a power hog. :p

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's one sweet board for the price. Just be sure to get a good USB supply (2A 5VDC) with larger wires for it. It's a power hog. :p
It came with it's own wallwart and had a mini-USB connector for the power. I did have to get a new HDMI cable at Walmart because my box of miscellaneous cables is buried.o_O