Google it first

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I thought a point system here would be a good idea for threads. But after seeing the behavior over there, it all seems a bit childish.
Right. Bad idea. I think this site does a very good job of keeping things on the up-and-up. Kind of like peer review. I have apologized several times for displaying myself in a condition of cranio-rectal inversion. Then again, some people go a bit overboard with their nit-picking. This is the problem that sometimes causes me to take a few weeks off. Trying to satisfy a novice and a pedant, both at the same time can be impossible.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I generally agree that there is probably not a pressing need to change anything (how do you like all those qualifiers?). Yes, it can get frustrating but most of those people (most) either take the hint and start being more in line with what we expect or simply go away. And then there's always the occasional gem -- someone that comes here with a completely wrong attitude but then sees what is expected, thinks about it a bit, turns around completely, and thanks you for opening their eyes. I wish it happened a lot more, but it's an attaboy that goes a long way when it does.