Good book/resource for standard electronic circuits and their applications

ikarimov95

Joined Sep 19, 2017
Hi all!

Is there a good book or another resource out there which can efficiently teach me the most standard electronic circuits and the most common applications. For example, I know and understand how most electronic components work and I also studied about various circuits: low-pass filters, common-base amplifier, full-wave bridge rectifier, etc. However, I feel like I was taught mainly the math and theory with bunch of calculations and such... I don't have a good grasp of the actual concepts and of various applications of such circuits.

I look at a circuit diagram of a certain kind and I would like to be able to look at a capacitor at some node, for instance, and understand why exactly it is there, what's it function..

Thanks!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
After a career spanning half a century I still can't do that for all circuits. Some I can do better than others, but some are just completely beyond me. I don't think this is something you can learn by studying, You have to learn it by designing it or repairing it or some other hands on method. You can remember things you study in the short term, but you'll never remember it for the long term.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I used to have a book by John Marcus that was an encyclopedia of circuits. I thought it would be a valuable resource, but it turned out to be a big waste of the paper it was printed on, and I sold it on Amazon.