GLCD Timing Problem

Utku

Joined Dec 14, 2014
Hello,

I am trying to use a GLCD, a WDG0151-TMI-V#N00 and I think I have a timing problem. I have to write my code in AVR assembly language and although I made the delay time 5 micro seconds between signal enable/disables (as in the tutorial in here), still nothing shows up on the screen. Might it be because I am using a development board and it takes a long time for the signal travel from the MPU to GLCD? I would be very grateful if you could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ut,
Have you read the other users problems on that link.?
There are some noted drawing and programming errors.

If you post your assembly code we can look it over.
E

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It would be helpful if you posted your routines. This set of routines came from Pommie, who is a frequent helper here. Any credit belongs to him. I changed only a very few things. Most notably, Pommie uses a routine called WaitNotBusy for timing. I simply inserted some NOP's. You will see a section with four. That was done while trouble shooting some issues. Two NOP's will usually work. The enable set and clear has one NOP. At 4 MHz, that is probably not necessary. At 8 MHz, which I am using, it may not be necessary either. There is a comment at that point.

John

EDIT: Code = MPASM

Attachments

Last edited:

Utku

Joined Dec 14, 2014
But which assembly is it? I am using an ATmega32 so I am using AVR Assembly. All routines I use are in the code by the way.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The code I added is MPASM. Your code may use different mnemonics, but the processes should be quite similar, because the GLCD controllers are the same.

John

Utku

Joined Dec 14, 2014
For some reason, only a very large delay loop works but erroneously. That loop is as below. It introduces a delay of approx. 1ms.

Code:
GLCD_PULSE_DELAY:
    ; Introduces a delay to send the command to the GLCD.
    ldi temp, 15
    mov dly1, temp
    ldi temp, 255
    mov dly2, temp
    ldi temp, 1
    ldi temp1, 0
    PULSE_DELAY_LOOP:
    SUB dly1, temp
    SBC dly2, temp1
    BRCC PULSE_DELAY_LOOP
    ret