GLCD Display

dk007

Joined Jun 22, 2016
Hello ,
I am using 128*64 GLCD with LPC1768.And There is a displaying problem on GLCD.The main thing is that I used TXB0108PWR (LEVEL SHIFTING IC).[3.3v-5v] for data lines and command lines of the GLCD. I am sending its schematic also.the display problem is that whenever i update display for showing any variable value.The GLCD Pages Shift.

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I cannot understand your problems as described. "the display problem is that whenever i update display for showing any variable value.The GLCD Pages Shift." What does shift mean?

Does your level translator work? A bidirectional translator such as you use is best since you need to be able to read the data it is displaying since you load data one byte at a time, but often wish to change it pixel by pixel.

Please describe your main problem in more detail. Please include a part number or link to data sheet for your GLCD.

dk007

Joined Jun 22, 2016
I am interfacing GLCD with LPC1768.
But as LPC1768 operate on 3.3V and GLCD operate on 5V.
So we have used TXB0108PWR (level translator IC) between these.
But we are getting problems.
problems:
There is no synchronzation between left and right side of GLCD.
Screen starts rotating / fluctuating.
But when I press TXB0108PWR IC and reset the controller, then I get proper display.
But when i remove hand from that IC then Screen starts rotating again.
Can anybody knows about this.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
There is no synchronzation between left and right side of GLCD.
Screen starts rotating / fluctuating.
Left and right are controlled by the CS1 and CS1 inputs. Internally the display is made from two 64x64 displays, each with its own controller. The CS lines select which controller (or side) you are addressing.
But when I press TXB0108PWR IC and reset the controller, then I get proper display.
But when i remove hand from that IC then Screen starts rotating again.
If by "press" you mean simple mechanical pressure that sounds like you have an intermittent connection, very possibly on these CS lines.

If your circuit is wired on a breadboard where you can move wires you may want to try this: just remove the CS1 & CS2 lines from the level shifter and tie directly to ground or 5V. I can't find a reference offhand on a GLCD to know if high or low is enable (I suspect it is high to enable) but this is simple to try and can show you if this is where the "rotation" problem stems from.