Gas Gauges for battery monitor

beera beer beera beera

Joined Dec 16, 2016
Hello Friends...

Lets take BQ34z100 battery gas gauge. This is basically for Single cell, Mutli cell Gas gauges (>2 cells). For single cell , Direct battery voltages (4.2V) willl go to Bat pin of IC. When I am using multi cell , I need to add resistor divider accordingly to get single cell voltage (4.2V).

For exapmle if I am going to use "BQ27220 , BQ27320 ,BQ27426 etc " Single cell gas gauges with resistor divider to get single battery voltage to Bat pin of IC for multi cell applications , whether this can work or n ot?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello Friends...

Lets take BQ34z100 battery gas gauge. This is basically for Single cell, Mutli cell Gas gauges (>2 cells). For single cell , Direct battery voltages (4.2V) willl go to Bat pin of IC. When I am using multi cell , I need to add resistor divider accordingly to get single cell voltage (4.2V).

For exapmle if I am going to use "BQ27220 , BQ27320 ,BQ27426 etc " Single cell gas gauges with resistor divider to get single battery voltage to Bat pin of IC for multi cell applications , whether this can work or n ot?
Yes

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
When We can use it , why there are different types of gas gauges ...for single cell , multi cell ?
The TI parts are tuned for various mAh ranges, different "remaining capacity" models, battery chemistry, quiescent power (power the gas gauge consumes itself), footprint of the part, ... Read the Datasheets and comparison tables from TI and other vendors.