Funny I'm so interested in electronics since I wrote this song

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
I've got a little touch of the commercial disease because I love fooling around with electronics despite the fact that most of the time I really don't know what I'm doing. Not that I want to profit somehow, someday once I understand things fully although food on the table is good but I can do that with music and my job as well as the upcoming garden and in other ways in order to squeak by. But in the meantime I'd forgotten about this song of mine and felt like sharing it in hopes that somebody else might relate to it and/or enjoy it. As usual I normally post songs right after I write them as was the case here. But I think it turned out ok back then. Sometimes doing that is a disaster! ;)

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I've got a little touch of the commercial disease because I love fooling around with electronics despite the fact that most of the time I really don't know what I'm doing. Not that I want to profit somehow, someday once I understand things fully although food on the table is good but I can do that with music and my job as well as the upcoming garden and in other ways in order to squeak by. But in the meantime I'd forgotten about this song of mine and felt like sharing it in hopes that somebody else might relate to it and/or enjoy it. As usual I normally post songs right after I write them as was the case here. But I think it turned out ok back then. Sometimes doing that is a disaster! ;)

http://johntabacco.bandcamp.com/track/burn-away-the-haze
Here's one I wrote a few years with John Tabacco

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
Not quite like, It's a Small, Small World:

I grew up in SoCal and went to the original Small, Small World in the 1950's. Talk about a tune driving you crazy, that was one.

John
I don't know whether to thank you for your input or strangle you! :) This is going to be in my head now all evening.... but I guess I'll thank you as opposed to strangling you for relating to what I was talking about. ;)

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Nice lyrics and the melody is pretty easy to take in as well. Thanks for sharing!

"Life without music would be an intolerable insult."

-- Edward Abbey
Nice lyrics and the melody is pretty easy to take in as well. Thanks for sharing!

"Life without music would be an intolerable insult."

-- Edward Abbey
Here's another one that just came out a few months ago;
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/customized-feat.-john-tabacco/id897314288

You'll have to pay 99 cents to get the whole thing. :)

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
Grew up in SoCal and retired in Ohio? What kind of backwards life do you lead?
Despite the fact that I was born in SoCal as well, I'd sooner be in Ohio any day of the week as opposed to the state of my birth I cannot recognize anymore. If you ask me (and I know you didn't but I'll answer the unasked question anyway) California is the backwards route.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014

Your song made me smile. How about this verse (original with me):
If this circuit forum
Is down for a bit,
And every second
You're refreshing it,
And until it comes up
You don't have any ease,
You've got the symptoms of electric disease.
@Rolland B. Heiss: I hope you won't sue me for copyright infringement.:D I'm not a great poet, but I tried to make it fit the rhythm of your tune.