function and graph in electronics

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Hello
We know voltage and current signal represent over time
Example :voltage at 2 sec , voltage at 3 sec... Etc. Also voltage and current signal represent by the sin, cos waveform. I understand that dv/dt means rate of change of voltage over time. What is use of functions and derivatives of function in electronics circuit. Please someone can explain with example related with electronics?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The voltage across an inductor is proportional to the time rate of change of the current through it.

V = L · di/dt

Now go read (and study) the chapter on first-order circuits in just about any introductory EE text.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
We need calculus to calculate the operation of electronic circuits because the currents and voltages of capacitors and inductors are a function of time and calculus is needed to calculate that variation with time.
We can use Laplace transforms to convert the calculus functions to algebraic equations that are easier to solve, but the basis of those function is calculus.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
The voltage across an inductor is proportional to the time rate of change of the current through it.

V = L · di/dt

Now go read (and study) the chapter on first-order circuits in just about any introductory EE text.
OK first order circuit are circuit that contain only resistor or capacitor. Two possible types of first order circuit
RL circuit
RC circuit

Now I am reading, if I don't understand, I will ask
Thank you very much