FTDI mni module and serial communication

odinpowerglove

Joined May 28, 2014
I am trying to test a serial connection with the FTDI. I have putty opened two com ports and when I send data, it is received; however, it is received incorrectly. I am monitoring the ports and the data is written correctly, just received incorrectly. Is there a way to configure the device ( I have the drivers installed and it works fine when I use the other FTDI channel for SPI)
Please help.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
In what way is the data received "incorrectly"? Have you set the baud rate in the driver and in putty? Try RealTerm it gives more info about what is going on.

odinpowerglove

Joined May 28, 2014
Ok tried RealTerm. No problem when I open the FTDI port, but when I open the port for my TU-S9 usb to serial converter the break and error light go red. I am having trouble finding documentation on the status bar for real term. In your use of the program have you come across good documentation or have any suggestions as to what those red indicators may mean.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Sorry, I don't know of any info on what those indicators mean.

Just to check, some of the FTDI drivers I have seen have a baud setting in the driver itself, so that's three places to set the baud rate - on the sending device, in the driver and in your terminal emulator. Although reading your original post again it sounds like you are doing loop-back so it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know what else to suggest

odinpowerglove

Joined May 28, 2014
Ok so i went with a scope and it appears that my FTDI is working properly, but my TU-s9 is the problem. I will get another converter today and this should be the issue.