Frequency Doubler

karunanithi_pricol

Joined Mar 13, 2006
Hi Everyone
I am in the process of designing a Frequency doubler circuit inwhich the frequency input will come from Hall sensor; I have to picked the sensor and doubles the the input frequency.

* Input frequency will be in the range of 0 to 100Hz.

Can anyone suggest me a cost effective solution for the my requirement?

Regards
Karunanithi.R

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by karunanithi_pricol@Mar 13 2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Everyone
I am in the process of designing a Frequency doubler circuit inwhich the frequency input will come from Hall sensor; I have to picked the sensor and doubles the the input frequency.

Regards
Karunanithi.R
[post=14932]Quoted post[/post]​
]

hi,

i would suggest diodes but you have to choose w/c one would you prefer.

the ordinary fast switching diode would do, also a fast recovery junction diode & ultra fast, likewise a schotty barrier or a varactor.

but for me the best choice would be the schotty barrier due to its low flicker noise in addition to its low barrier potential.

for ultra fast switching speed i can recommend the FD700. it switches at 0.7ns and a junction capacity of 1pf, it can handle up to 250ma with a reverse voltage of 30v.

for fullwave rectification, a varactor will do it for you becoz it has a high conversion efficiency and has an odd harmonics rejection. and finally filtering is easy.

moz

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by karunanithi_pricol@Mar 13 2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Everyone

Regards
Karunanithi.R
[post=14932]Quoted post[/post]​
Can you explain a little more about the input frequency.
Is it a 50:50 square wave?
At what amplitude?
Does it vary between 0 and 100Hz?
Why do you want to double the frequency?

karunanithi_pricol

Joined Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by mozikluv@Mar 13 2006, 05:53 PM
]

hi,

i would suggest diodes but you have to choose w/c one would you prefer.

the ordinary fast switching diode would do, also a fast recovery junction diode & ultra fast, likewise a schotty barrier or a varactor.

but for me the best choice would be the schotty barrier due to its low flicker noise in addition to its low barrier potential.

for ultra fast switching speed i can recommend the FD700. it switches at 0.7ns and a junction capacity of 1pf, it can handle up to 250ma with a reverse voltage of 30v.

for fullwave rectification, a varactor will do it for you becoz it has a high conversion efficiency and has an odd harmonics rejection. and finally filtering is easy.

moz
[post=14933]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi mozikluv
Thanks for your response, but i am not sure what configuration you are talking about!

Hall sensor output will be a square pulse

Can you post a schematic for this circuit?

Regards
Karunanithi