Free diagram software..

mitchsten443

Joined Jan 20, 2020
I use tinkercad to make my 3d prints, I tried to use it's circuit design to map out a small circuit I'm working on. But, they do not seem to have a way to make "custom circuits".

For instance I have two boards in my circuit that I purchased pre assembled, a voltage high/low relay circuit and timer circuit.
What I do is use the high/low to test for 11v or less then it closes it relay, that relay triggers the timer circuit to close it's relay for 1 hour and that relay closes it's circuit to close a high amperage relay to turn on a battery charger.

I want to draw the timer circuit and highlow circuit as a modual and show the connections between them. it gets more complicated because I also added a NC relay between the two circuits for times when the voltage drops below 11v and it triggers the charger which brings it above 11v which would retrgger and turn off the timer circuit the second relay opens and disconects the trigger from the high low thus stopping it from triggering again until after the 1 hour passes...

the whole things is for my solar system and the rare times that we don't get enough sun to charge the batteries and need to grid charge or eventually generator charge it..

The circuit is just getting to complicated to draw it out by hand (since I suck at drawing) or just keeping in my head.. Ples I'd like to share it with some friends who are going to help me adpat it over to include an auto generator starter...

So the question is, is there a decent free circuit designer program or website that allows custom parts to be inserted? Similiar to tinkercad?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
So the question is, is there a decent free circuit designer program or website that allows custom parts to be inserted? Similiar to tinkercad?
As mentioned, there are several free design programs. With any of them you will need to make new "devices" (or whatever a component is called). You may get by with just packages, but since you also want electrical connections, making a whole device might be better. Here is something I did with Eagle to better understand my heating system:

1579521184647.png
Each "device" shown there also has a symbol that can be used to show the electrical connections on a wiring diagram.

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
ExpressPCB is easy to use PCB and schematic deaign. I started with it. Later I used LTspice to draw schematic because it is easy to set parts value.