Forum upgrade tonight 2020 Nov 02 ~9pm EST

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all,

I'll be performing a (hopefully short) forum upgrade tonight to Xenforo. It's a minor upgrade with small bug fixes, security updates etc.

During that time posting/viewing threads will be unavailable. I will need to update the forum Styles quickly afterwards too, so things may look a little funky until it's all complete.

Thanks!

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Upgrade was successful -- Please feel free to post here if you notice any oddities or issues.

Thanks again,

Rob

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Just noticed that behavior of pasted images works differently than before. Before, one could paste an image, resize it easily and move it with the usual double arrows or crossed arrows.

Resizing is now the same, but the crossed, double-arrow move control is different. It goes to a short drop down menu that doesn't work the same. In fact, it didn't work for what I wanted to do.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Resizing is now the same, but the crossed, double-arrow move control is different. It goes to a short drop down menu that doesn't work the same. In fact, it didn't work for what I wanted to do.
What was your intended action? I'll see what I can do.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I simply wanted to grab the crossed arrow and move it. Example from earlier today:

1604408107816.png
You can still resize by clicking on the image and pulling on the corners, but you used to get the move icon (crossed arrows) by clicking on it. Now, you get a hand with index finger extended and this dropdown:

1604408426776.png
When I click on the crossed arrows there, it doesn't move as expected, but seems to want to resize. I was trying to resize and move an image so it was next to another image. I was able to use the enter and/or space and delete keys to do what I wanted, but it was easier before. I think that dropdown is new, or maybe I just didn't notice it before, because I didn't need it.

John

bogosort

Joined Sep 24, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but I find the red "New" indicator to be fairly distracting:

1605974281325.png

UI elements shouldn't be red unless they require my attention.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I was just happy it wasn't flashing. ;)

Being able to move images using the crossed arrows icon/tool still does not seem to work. Can do it with spacebar and delete, but that is more awkward.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Imagine if it were to change colors every two seconds... from red to green... very christmas-like! :p
Hallelujah! While we adults have suffered inconveniences, the children and grandchildren (ages 6 to 18) have really suffered. I have put no limit (within reason) on presents this year. It has been really tough on that age group. As for the college group? A lot of us cut boring classes 60 years before Covid was even imagined. I even went to the wrong room for the final exam in one course. How embarrassing to have to call the registrar. ;)