For those that want to hit the PowerBall

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
If you like that, you may also like the Musée Mécanique on Fisherman's Wharf in San Fran. I tend to spend about $10 or $20 every time I go there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musée_Mécanique#Gallery
I seem to have a slight memory of that at the old Cliff House. After our ship would dock at Fisherman's Wharf we would all head to Golden Pate Park for a late night party and sometimes walk up the beach to the Cliff house.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I seem to have a slight memory of that at the old Cliff House. After our ship would dock at Fisherman's Wharf we would all head to Golden Pate Park for a late night party and sometimes walk up the beach to the Cliff house.
Apparently that place closed since there is a tribute plaque to some of the old-time arcades of the area and that place had one - as did several others.

Lool

Joined May 8, 2013
My view on lotteries can be summarized briefly.

First, I never play them because I'm afraid I might win.

Second, for those that would not mind winning, and want to play, put out only a small amount of money per week when you play. For example, 1 or two dollars per week is not going to hurt you in any way, and if you enjoy the excitement of checking to see if you won, that money is well worth it. And, you might win. As they say, you can't win if you don't play.

Third, if you are a logical person, as I try to be, and I'm sure WBahn is, there is not much point in playing because the odds are so small. However, if you believe in destiny, then odds don't matter. If you are destined to win, you will win. As my uncle use to say, "If you are born to drown, you'll never hang."

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
My view on lotteries can be summarized briefly.
And a very rational belief system it is.

First, I never play them because I'm afraid I might win.
I can safely say that I have absolutely no fear of winning. :D

For two reasons: First, I have no fear of winning because I don't believe in being afraid of things that have a snowball's chance in hell of happening. I'm not afraid of being attacked by a shark when I go swimming at the local rec center, even though the chances that someone put a shark in the pool are probably greater than my odds of winning the Power Ball jackpot. Second, if I DID win, then I'm very confident I could handle the wealth (unlike a large fraction of winners that end up bankrupt just a few years later) because I have spent the last couple decades becoming very fiscally responsible, at least to the degree of living firmly within my means, (even if my investing discipline could be better).

Second, for those that would not mind winning, and want to play, put out only a small amount of money per week when you play. For example, 1 or two dollars per week is not going to hurt you in any way, and if you enjoy the excitement of checking to see if you won, that money is well worth it. And, you might win. As they say, you can't win if you don't play.

Third, if you are a logical person, as I try to be, and I'm sure WBahn is, there is not much point in playing because the odds are so small. However, if you believe in destiny, then odds don't matter. If you are destined to win, you will win. As my uncle use to say, "If you are born to drown, you'll never hang."
But if you truly believe in destiny, then even if you don't play you will still win. Why? Because you are destined to win! So SOMETHING will happen to result in you winning. Some else will buy the ticket and give it to you as a gift. Or you will find the ticket on the ground. Or somehow that ticket will come into your possession without you having bought it.