For those that still read electronics magazines

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
I was reading a pdf sometimes ago about programming an Arduino. The author started very well from the basic. For instance, he switched on an LED, then moved in to seven segments display using array in C. However, I need the book now but don't actually know which magazine. I'm vacillating between elektor and EPE. Anyone with an idea?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
The IDE includes the "blink" program that blinks the on-board LED. Blinking a discrete LED is only very slightly more complicated.

Driving a 7-segment display is just a matter of a look up table and writing the data to the outputs. Unfortunately, Arduino, in their infinite wisdom, chose to hardwire hardware serial I/O to 2 bits of the only 8-bit PORT.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I was reading a pdf sometimes ago about programming an Arduino. The author started very well from the basic. For instance, he switched on an LED, then moved in to seven segments display using array in C. However, I need the book now but don't actually know which magazine. I'm vacillating between elektor and EPE. Anyone with an idea?
Does EPE still exist?