for the connoisseurs of randomness

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I saw something on the road on the way home today and thought "WTH was that?" I contemplated going back, taking a picture, and posting it up on the net somewhere, asking "what is this?" - but where? I thought - "I wonder if there is a website where people post pictures of things they can't identify, and others comment on what it might be." Then I thought, "no, that would never work because people would only go there to ask and not to answer." so I then wondered "what happens to all the 'what the heck is this' pictures?" - I wondered what would come up if I googled "what is this?" Well, I would continue, but I think its just more entertaining if you google it, under images.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You start with posting it on places you trust, like here. If it impresses other people it will spread, and be discussed.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
As bill said you find the closest forum as to what your picture would pertain too. Then ask that group of people. In a forum its usually a contest who can ID the pics fastest and earn online-cred. Almost every forum has what is this pics. Especially with things like RC stuff, electronics, etc.....

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's quite funny, but not usually useful to use the "search by image" mode on google image search. You get it by clicking the little camera icon in the search box, and then upload your picture.
It then usually shows a bunch of photos that contain similar colours and shapes, it seems computers aren't that good with images yet.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Yeah - but just make sure that you google any links you see. DON'T type them straight into your address bar...

Stay away from any links with something relating to:

Macs
Lemons
Meat
Goats
Bears

:eek:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
It's quite funny, but not usually useful to use the "search by image" mode on google image search. You get it by clicking the little camera icon in the search box, and then upload your picture.
It then usually shows a bunch of photos that contain similar colours and shapes, it seems computers aren't that good with images yet.
Funny I think the image search section is the best thing about google. :)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Yeah - but just make sure that you google any links you see. DON'T type them straight into your address bar...

Stay away from any links with something relating to:

Macs
Lemons
Meat
Goats
Bears

:eek:
Don't forget girls and cups. STAY AWAY FROM GIRLS AND CUPS PEOPLE!
Seriously!