Flu sucks - And a solution

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Got the flu early this year, so I'm apologizing for gross typos and unforgivable brain stoppages lately, should only hang around another week, since one has passed.

Remember to take your vitamin D to keep the flu away! There was a study that proved a link between Vit D deficiency and flu, they recommend 4000 IU of Vit D/day in flu season. Multivitamins only have 1000 IU of vit D.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I hope you get better soon. I'm going down with something right now. Given my state of health, this is bad news. I don't think vitamins will make much difference.

On the other hand, a quick exit with pneumonia might be preferable to some of the other likely modalities, given my present medical status.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I have AVG antifirus installed, it should stop me from infecting you guys.

I'm not sure how I caught it, though, AVG didn't stop it. :confused:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Whats the saying strave a flu and feed a cold,someone can get that
right. I just know if you can't lift your head up from your pillow,I think
it would be the flu. Some of the bedtime stuff helps you sleep,Im sure you
know the names.We don't need a Doctor Loosewire yet.
Take one hearty laugh at bedtime.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Whats the saying strave a flu and feed a cold,someone can get that
right. I just know if you can't lift your head up from your pillow,I think
it would be the flu. Some of the bedtime stuff helps you sleep,Im sure you
know the names.We don't need a Doctor Loosewire yet.
Take one hearty laugh at bedtime.
Dr. Loosie - please make a post every night at bedtime. For our daily(nightly?) laugh. :p

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I hope by now that you are feeling a bit better. It looks as if I may not be getting so bad (let's not count our chickens though)!

Real influenza is something that I've long been afraid of, even when my health was better. I had a bad experience of it as a teenager: it came with lots of pain, a horrible cough and even a bit of delirium. Unfortunately, it was during an epidemic and many others were sick too, so they couldn't help me much. My worst memory was passing out and waking up alone, shivering and vomiting on a cold concrete floor. I was in bed for over a fortnight, lost lots of weight and did not get back to full activity for much longer. Some friends were worse off, one with severe pneumonia. There were no deaths in my immediate circle though, which was a blessing.

The subject which normally obsesses lads of that age also completely disappeared from my horizon for many weeks, which leads me to believe that I was indeed pretty sick. It left me with a healthy respect for this potentially fatal illness. Compared to that, most of the "flus" I've had since then have not been in the same league, but nowadays it would not take so much to finish me off

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Ithought so, but today couldn't stay awake and felt like I got hit by a truck. Maybe that means it'll be gone by Friday. :confused: