Flight Simulator

JaqueAss

Joined Mar 4, 2024
Hi everyone.
I picked up an old flight simulator a few years ago.
It somewhat works but doesn't. The software on the host computer doesn't talk with the simulator. It's very old anyways and I have been trying to get it to work with MSFS 2020.
The gauges vary in voltages from 5v to 12v.
For example, the air speed gauge is 5v air core.
The ADI however runs off 12v to move the motors.

I do not have enough electronics skills to make it work great.

I use a program called Air Manager and I have programmed scripts in there using Lua script running off an Arduino.

Currently I have the air speed and manifold pressure gauges working, but they are choppy in the movements. I suspect there is some kind of spike coming from the arduino.

I have tried to setup a low pass filter with a capacitor and resister.

I'll be posting pictures soon with a Google drive link.

I'm looking for help to get the simulator fixed up.

Thanks!
Jeff

Certainly, I'd be happy to help! Feel free to share the Google Drive link with pictures, and I'll do my best to assist you in resolving the issues with your flight simulator setup. Once you provide more details, we can discuss potential solutions for improving the performance and reducing choppiness in the movements of your gauges.

JaqueAss

Joined Mar 4, 2024
Hi everyone.
I picked up an old flight simulator a few years ago.
It somewhat works but doesn't. The software on the host computer doesn't talk with the simulator. It's very old anyways and I have been trying to get it to work with MSFS 2020.
The gauges vary in voltages from 5v to 12v.
For example, the air speed gauge is 5v air core.
The ADI however runs off 12v to move the motors.

I do not have enough electronics skills to make it work great.

I use a program called Air Manager and I have programmed scripts in there using Lua script running off an Arduino.

Currently I have the air speed and manifold pressure gauges working, but they are choppy in the movements. I suspect there is some kind of spike coming from the arduino.

I have tried to setup a low pass filter with a capacitor and resister.

I'll be posting pictures soon with a Google drive link.

I'm looking for help to get the simulator fixed up.

Thanks!
Jeff
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/106HjOdYeV4ciaZBOWsv76mDNUb7QiV39?usp=sharing

See Google Drive for updated pictures and videos.