Finding the correct wire for my rear speakers

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I'm guessing they dont know because you never game them any information to go on? Make
/model/year?..
As for the head unit, violet is right rear and green is left rear. Best bet is to buy the adaptor for your car. Eliminates all the guesswork and messy connections.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
As stated before, it is hard to guess what is what when we don't know your car...

Things to take into account. If your trying to connect a Sub system to you car. Make sure you use your cars Full Range speakers if your car is setup like others on the road today it could be that after the OEM Amp they have it going to Mids and Highs differently then Full Range.

Also some cars you can't pickup audio without being processed. This could be a Processor from someone that means could be even after the amp. So want to make sure if your Tapping into High Power outputs that you uses a LOC that can take the power...

Year, Make and Model will help. Also if Bose or Infinity or some other system would be helpful as well.

Galion

Joined Jul 20, 2017
I'm guessing they dont know because you never game them any information to go on? Make
/model/year?..
As for the head unit, violet is right rear and green is left rear. Best bet is to buy the adaptor for your car. Eliminates all the guesswork and messy connections.
They know the make of my car. I bought it from them. And I cant buy adaptors because my stock head unit is special. If I change my stereo myford touch will have errors and I wont be abke to use any of my car features. Thats why I need to tap into my rear speakers. Ford Fiesta SE 2015

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
For the Rear Door speakers
Right Rear
Brown/White +
Brown/Blue -
Left Rear
White/Green +
Brown/Yellow -

They are going to be most likely twisted pairs

Galion

Joined Jul 20, 2017
I went to the back of my head unit and I found two White and green wires. Which one is the one I want? http://imgur.com/nccJNUn

By looking from the top of it, one green/white wire is on the left side and one green/white wire is on the right side

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Why wouldn't you go to the rear speakers them selves and see what colors are hooked to the speakers? Then find the same colors at the head unit? They usually are the same color all of the way, they don't change colors in the middle of a loom.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I couldn't tell well enough but to me there did look to be a Twisted pair in that set up wiring. Again I think I said they could be twisted. Main reason for them twisting them isn't so you can tell them apart. It is to help keep out noise. From what I can see, It looks like there is a White/Green with a Brown/Yellow that are together and somewhat twisted. That would be the one for left/drivers side....

When in doubt, test it. Also to keep it clean I wouldn't take it at the jamb. I would get them from under the trim. It will be easier to keep clean.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
As Shortbus said. Why wouldnt you just go to the rear speakers and see what the colors are? You should be able to get to them from the trunk or hatch.
If that isnt feasible, go to the stereo head and find the four sets of matching wires. Example: green and green/white. Put a 9v battery across the wires and listen for the crackle in the speakers.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If it's easy to get access to the speakers, just remove them and see what colours are there, otherwise if you can unplug the door connector and probe the wires with a 3v battery and see which pair makes the speaker crackle.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I understand that this is a 4 door with the rear being in the door and that is why I have offered the info that I have. Also understand that taking the door panel off is doable however I have done it and unless I am replacing the Speakers I wouldn't want to do it to just remove speaker and look for colors.. While I was trying to get just the wiring I am having issues with my mouse. So I have a screen shot of your cars Audio to speakers. There are some areas in there that shows they should be Twisted.

Screenshot (232).png