Finding eagle library for C&K rotary switches

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Will it be board mounted?

If not, then what sort of connector will be used. That is what you need for the board. If it is board mounted, then all you need is the footprint. There may be something in Eagle already for that or one can be easily made.

As for the symbol, you could use something simple like this, if appropriate:

upload_2016-9-28_13-50-5.png

John

Zotto

Joined Mar 3, 2016
It will be put on a PCB, through hole pins. Im seeing eagle has footprints for something similar to what I want, but there rotary switches are 12 position, rather than 10.

Zotto

Joined Mar 3, 2016
I want to use the C&K101X12 library, how would I go about removing 2 of the positions, and reording the holes. I feel like there is a simpler way to do this, rather than going through the data sheet, and trying to get the dimensions there? Any ideas?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The data sheet is the only source of dimensions.
If you use the 'information' icon (an 'i' in a blue circle) and then click on an element it will show you the XY coordinates and you can change them here too irrespective of the grid. From the datasheet calculate the coordinates of the pins and enter them this way. While there you can also set the pin numbering this way.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You cannot just remove two pads in the package, as the diameter of the circle on which the pads are placed is different in the 12-position v. 10-position switch. The latter is 0.340". The former is slightly greater than 0.382" (the diameter of the latter is not shown in that datasheet).

John

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I drew the 10 positions on a 0.340 diameter circle for you in dxf format. You can import that into the make new package tool (I would use dimension layer). Center it at the origin and place your pads at the intersections.

As mentioned, you can calculate the coordinates for each pad and place them that way too.

John

Attachments