Finding datasheets for hard to find parts

Lectraplayer

Joined Jan 2, 2015
I may be missing something, but shown is a salvage part that is beating Professor Google...

CAM00037.jpg

What the heck is this device? Where do I find a datasheet on this?

Also, is there a tool to help visually ID parts that is similar to Goggles?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Or an LED driver.. It looks like ROHM alright but either customer-specific, custom or something else. It looks like Rohm assigned PNs in sequence without regard to what the actual part was..
If its just a salvage part, toss it.

Attachments

Lectraplayer

Joined Jan 2, 2015
The multi-resistors I have seen have had more of a plastic dipped look. A TV amp IC I had at one time looked like this, but with a metal fin. I still think it's some type of IC. It come out of a failed battery charger, so I'm thinking it was implemented as a charge controller.

Still, a datasheet would be indespensible.

I do remember seeing 5-LED indicators shotgunned all around this part number.

Would Milwaukee Tool have used an LED controller as a charge controller for a screwdriver battery?

Last edited:

Lectraplayer

Joined Jan 2, 2015
I have not yet, but soon will.

Back to my original question: this isn't the only questionable component I have. I also have a couple transistor-like devices I would like to identify. With a part number like this, how would I narrow down what I have besides just discovering the datasheet drawing isn't what I'm holding?

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Obsolescence and technology move at the same speed, and lately that means fast. All of us have your problem. We all have parts boxes of great parts that are obsolete. Good luck.

Lectraplayer

Joined Jan 2, 2015
I would figure it would be no trouble to maintain the datasheet, even if the part is discontinued. It would help techs out to be able to identify the part below as well.

CAM00038.jpg

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The multi-resistors I have seen have had more of a plastic dipped look. A TV amp IC I had at one time looked like this, but with a metal fin. I still think it's some type of IC. It come out of a failed battery charger, so I'm thinking it was implemented as a charge controller.

I do remember seeing 5-LED indicators shotgunned all around this part number.
Would Milwaukee Tool have used an LED controller as a charge controller for a screwdriver battery?
It's not a resistor array. The 6104 is a 5-segment LED level meter driver with a linear scale, the 6109 is a bidirectional DC motor driver. Clearly the 61xx line is intended for various consumer electronics products. The part in the post #1 photo was removed from something. What?

The 6105 could complement the 6104 with a log or VU scale, like National's 3914 and 3915, or have a proprietary scale.

ak

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Your 13007 is a FJPF13007, 400v 8amp NPN transistor. Very common in mains SMPS. It would be a lot more helpful to post good clear pictures of both sides of the circuit board.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
"Same looking" and "same" aren't the same. If the part on the motor board is a 6104, then ok. But I suspect that it is a 6109.

ak