Finding Current and Voltage on Ideal OP-AMP! Calculated vs Simulated. HELP!

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
Your solution is wrong, the simulation is a possible solution. How did you simulate this without an input signal?

Ambiguously, you show 0.5mA at the inverting input without indicating a direction. Is that how the problem was presented?
What in that schematic and problem statement are your assumptions and what are the givens in this problem?

mrvaledon

Joined Mar 1, 2016
Your solution is wrong, the simulation is a possible solution.

Ambiguously, you show 0.5mA at the inverting input without indicating a direction. Is that how the problem was presented?
What in that schematic and problem statement are your assumptions and what are the givens in this problem?
They give me i1 and i2 directions. i2 go to node Va and i1 is exiting Va.

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
They give me i1 and i2 directions. i2 go to node Va and i1 is exiting Va.
If that were true, how could the output be negative? Please show the complete problem without your additions. Also a screen capture of your simulation circuit if you want to know why it got -13.75V

DGElder

Joined Apr 3, 2016
Now that we know the actual problem: the direction of the 0.5mA current means that Va has to be negative and this can only happen if Vo is negative. Which means that current and the current from the ground through the 2.5K resistor combine through the 5K resistor. So I1 and I2 are both negative. The voltage drop across the 5K adds to Va for Vo = -13.75V.

Your voltage and current directions are reversed at the Va node. Current flows into the positive terminal of a passive device.

Last edited: