Fences and big heads

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Watching the Patriot / Jaguars game today. Typical couple of fools in the stands with a big D and a fence. Not exactly clever, It has been done to death.

Didn't see it at this game except for the Patriots mascot but there always seems to be some fool in the stands with some kind of costume. Usually involving a big hat or head.

Some of these tickets are in the thousands of dollars at these play off games. If I did pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a ticket I certainly would not appreciate if someone was holding up a big D and a fence in front of me.

Yet another good reason to save money and watch the game on TV. ;)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Watching the Patriot / Jaguars game today. Typical couple of fools in the stands with a big D and a fence. Not exactly clever, It has been done to death.

Didn't see it at this game except for the Patriots mascot but there always seems to be some fool in the stands with some kind of costume. Usually involving a big hat or head.

Some of these tickets are in the thousands of dollars at these play off games. If I did pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a ticket I certainly would not appreciate if someone was holding up a big D and a fence in front of me.

Yet another good reason to save money and watch the game on TV. ;)
I'll be happy to bring my D and Fence to your living room next season.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Looking forward to the day professional sports collapses from it's own weight.

Unless they get their act together in the next year or so the odds are we are all going to see that day come way sooner than later! ;)

It's fast becoming too commercialized, too politicized and just too expensive for the industry to stand and continue to function as operates now for much longer. People are walking way in rates they cant survive.

Just some of dozens of articles on the downward trends all pro and even many local (big high school and collegiate level) sports have seen in the last year or several.

http://fantelope.com/fan-attendance-declining/

http://www.themountaineer.com/atten...cle_f798bfe2-6803-11e7-b573-93dad07ea9ce.html

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
College coaches will have a great time in 2018! Nick Saban is teaching them how...

Nick Saban has a clause in his contract that University of Alabama pay him $235k where he is subject to standard income taxes then he has them pay the rest of his contracted salary to Nick Saban LLC. There he can limit his taxes to 20% "pass through" if he is an employer. Well, he'll gladly pay a few flunkees minimum wage to limit his taxes.

The guy at another school was making his student wear Addidas so he could collect a $300k/year sponsorship fee. Students get nothing (otherwise they will be ineligible as ncaa players). Nice for the coaches, nice for the sponsors, nice for everyone except the students - the tuition-paying students.

The regular students fund Division 1 sports on average of $3500 per year with their tuition dollars. Don't believe for a second that football funds all the other sports (football & basketball spend all they can so there is as little as possible left for other sports). a nice watchdog group has audited a bunch of public institutions and found a wide range but the schools with the best records seem to rake their students the most.