Father's Day Surprise

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So, my wife surprised me with an unexpected gift for Father's Day.

https://www.chargriller.com/collections/gas-griddles/products/premium-cabinet

And we had some of our children over for a cookout. I had a small charcoal grill, and I always enjoyed the people and fun of cookouts, and I had said that would be a great thing for Father's Day and forgotten about it.

I didn't even know these propane griddles were a thing, but boy, what an upgrade from a cheap charcoal grill. Everything we cook on it is vegan, and the griddle is great for associated vegetables and things too. You can even make pizza on it.

I wasn't feeling very happy and this was really a great surprise and lifted my spirits. The great thing is, now I have the grill to make more of these gatherings possible, with all the kids, and the grandkids too! And it's big enough! (They say it "holds up to 37 burgers"!)

Did any of you have a good Father's Day?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I am not a father. When is uncle’s day? After all these years of my nieces and nephews living a life where “Bob is their uncle,” I think I deserve some appreciation.

Bob

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Never ever heard of an outdoor griddle. Interesting concept... I do use some perforated plates and baskets on the grill but not a griddle. Always considered a griddle as one huge frying pan. Great for a neighborhood pancake breakfast.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Never ever heard of an outdoor griddle. Interesting concept... I do use some perforated plates and baskets on the grill but not a griddle. Always considered a griddle as one huge frying pan. Great for a neighborhood pancake breakfast.
I hadn't either but apparently it's some new popular thing. Works out well for us, like having an outdoor kitchen.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

And we had some of our children over for a cookout. I had a small charcoal grill, and I always enjoyed the people and fun of cookouts, and I had said that would be a great thing for Father's Day and forgotten about it.

I didn't even know these propane griddles were a thing, but boy, what an upgrade from a cheap charcoal grill. Everything we cook on it is vegan, and the griddle is great for associated vegetables and things too. You can even make pizza on it.

I wasn't feeling very happy and this was really a great surprise and lifted my spirits. The great thing is, now I have the grill to make more of these gatherings possible, with all the kids, and the grandkids too! And it's big enough! (They say it "holds up to 37 burgers"!)

Now is time to post some “Tails from the Grill” get that flat hot!!!!!!!!!! :)

kv

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004

In three steps: the first group (daughter, husband +3) came here for breakfast (almost a brunch).
In the afternoon, I went to the home of another daughter where there were his husband +1 grandson plus my son + wife and + granddaughter.

Yesterday, I went to my ex's where my youngest daughter was also for lunch.

Covid is still a serious concern; half of them been infected so we know we still need to be careful.

Surprisingly, good humor everywhere. Nice journey!!

Last edited: