Faraday Cage

WiFi Kid

Joined Jul 9, 2017
A friend suffers from the radiation from mobile tower. The tower appears to have a multiple frequencies, but the 2.4Ghz is the main one. I believed I calculated right, and picked up some chickenwire, with 1.5cm holes. I believe 1.5cm is too large. Can someone help me with my calculations. At the same time I am now wondering if chickenwire would be suitable and I should use a better quality wire. Any suggestions of the actual size and if chickenwire is suitable. i want to place on his area of concern on the outside of the room?

WiFi Kid

Joined Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

Read this:
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/faraday-cage-calculations.1832492/

There it states that the mesh must be smaller as 6.25 mm for 2.4 GHz.

Bertus
Thanks for that, the more I try to work it out for my friend, the more confusing it is. I tried to find a formula and the one I found was confusing. At least that size is more realistic. I was thinking of a fine mesh, but I will give that a go, as 1/4" sounds a bit more realistic than what I caluclated. Thanks again for answering.

WiFi Kid

Joined Jul 9, 2017
And how does this "friend" know it's the radiation from the towers that's bothering him?
The installed a new tower a short distance away from his home, and since then he has been suffering an unknown illness. I used a metre and I did find high level of radiation. So i thought a wire screen across his window might reduce it. Oh well I will give it go.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The installed a new tower a short distance away from his home, and since then he has been suffering an unknown illness. I used a metre and I did find high level of radiation. So i thought a wire screen across his window might reduce it. Oh well I will give it go.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity[edit]
Evidence suggests that the symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are caused by the nocebo effect.[15][16]

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Just one word: Aluminum foil. Your friend needs to get himself some aluminum foil. Have him make a hat out of the stuff and wear it all the time. This will cure all of his EMI problems, plus he will get the bonus of being able to block all alien mind probes.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
For the screen to work it would have to enclose the complete room (or him) on all six sides, otherwise it's not a Faraday cage and won't block the radiation, as it readily goes through normal building materials.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
So i thought a wire screen across his window might reduce it.
Do radio waves only pass through windows?

The way they test for electromagnetic hypersensitivity is to place the subject in a Faraday cage and then expose them to RF energy at random times. The subject is asked to record the times when they sense the radiation but, as far as I know, a correlation has never been demonstrated.

This is interesting....
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/wireless/11099-massive-revelation-in-iburst-tower-battle.html

Last edited: