extending rfid antenna range

unpro

Joined Oct 21, 2016
Hi,
I work with animal tag reader and it's range it only 10cm around,

I must increase it to approximately 50cm, I search on this issue but no solution for now,
Can anyone help me, please?
Regards.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi,
I work with animal tag reader and it's range it only 10cm around,

I must increase it to approximately 50cm, I search on this issue but no solution for now,
Can anyone help me, please?
Regards.
What frequency, what kind of tags, what are the ratings on the reader?

unpro

Joined Oct 21, 2016
What frequency, what kind of tags, what are the ratings on the reader?
134kHz,
Both HDX and FDX-B tags ( I must read both of them ),

I use EM4095 for now, and it reads only 10 cm,
I mean the distance between th reader and the tag is nearly 10cm,

And I want to make it approximately 50cm.

Thanks.

Sitara

Joined May 2, 2014
134kHz,
Both HDX and FDX-B tags ( I must read both of them ),

I use EM4095 for now, and it reads only 10 cm,
I mean the distance between th reader and the tag is nearly 10cm,

And I want to make it approximately 50cm.

Thanks.
Hi,
Have a look at page 8 of the datasheet:
http://www.emmicroelectronic.com/sites/default/files/public/products/datasheets/em4095_ds.pdf

It mentions that to increase the reading range you will need an external envelope detector. Such a detector is described in Fig 10 of the same datasheet (with an improved version in Fig 11).

AdrienM

Joined Dec 20, 2017
Hello Unpro, i am working on the same device than you (EM4095 reader chip RFID) and i'm put the same question : how can i increase de reader distance between 30 - 40cm ?
i saw that i had to add an external envelope detector but i don't understand how does it work !
What is the type of the MOSFET transistor ?
How to control it with the processor?

I you can help me, i will be I would appreciate.
Thank in advance
Adrien

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
I read the article year ago of Israeli golden youth creating as the school project a certain rfid reader what works 1/2-3/4 meter afar to test the hypothesis that any walking along man on the street may hidden steel all codes You have in the cards in the wallet (including the bank account and money). They prove they got: yes, it is possible with 30 cm frame and 5W transmitter without of any more deep modifying the receiver part of prost 1 USD ebay device. Look at Google, it should still hang there.

ahmet gün

Joined Nov 27, 2017
Hello Unpro, i am working on the same device than you (EM4095 reader chip RFID) and i'm put the same question : how can i increase de reader distance between 30 - 40cm ?
i saw that i had to add an external envelope detector but i don't understand how does it work !
What is the type of the MOSFET transistor ?
How to control it with the processor?

I you can help me, i will be I would appreciate.
Thank in advance
Adrien
hi, if u google it "em4095 booster circuit" u can find em marine application circuit for em4095 incerasing read range. They saying card type transponder can reach 30cm read distance. Accualy i need ring type transponder 50cm about. I am thinking change the driving part of the booster circuit.

Very interesting, could you share how do you read HDX tag with EM4095 chip? I made only FDX reading and now thinking how to implement HDX reading....
http://www.priority1design.com.au/hdx_animal_identification_protocol.html i think that link will give you an idea about read hdx tag with em4095.

I read the article year ago of Israeli golden youth creating as the school project a certain rfid reader what works 1/2-3/4 meter afar to test the hypothesis that any walking along man on the street may hidden steel all codes You have in the cards in the wallet (including the bank account and money). They prove they got: yes, it is possible with 30 cm frame and 5W transmitter without of any more deep modifying the receiver part of prost 1 USD ebay device. Look at Google, it should still hang there.
I couldnt find it :( can u help me? are you sure about that 134khz ?