Extending record time for .wav files

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
I've stumbled on this before but now that I need to actually do it, I cant find where to reset the record timing. I want to make recordings through my sound card and make .wav files that I will throw onto an MP3 player for studying purposes. I can do all of that with no problem but the record time is so small that I'll have kajillions of files for something relatively small. How can I extend the recording time. I am using Windows 2000-XP?

Thanks in advance.

Powermos

Joined May 20, 2006
Originally posted by n9xv@May 2 2006, 02:11 PM
I've stumbled on this before but now that I need to actually do it, I cant find where to reset the record timing. I want to make recordings through my sound card and make .wav files that I will throw onto an MP3 player for studying purposes. I can do all of that with no problem but the record time is so small that I'll have kajillions of files for something relatively small. How can I extend the recording time. I am using Windows 2000-XP?

Thanks in advance.
[post=16750]Quoted post[/post]​
What appz are you using for recording, the standard voice recorder of Windows?

Byez
Powermos

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Yes Powermos, I'm using the standard "Sound Recorder" in Windows. Gadget, I like those programs and can use those for some other "ideas" too. I appriciate the effort/input. If I could at least disscern what the actual "file size" in bits/minutes is for a single file in Sound Recorder then I could have a bases to work from.

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Yes Powermos, I'm using the standard "Sound Recorder" in Windows. Gadget, I like those programs and can use those for some other "ideas" too. I appriciate the effort/input. If I could at least disscern what the actual "file size" in bits/minutes is for a single file in Sound Recorder then I could have a bases to work from.

Powermos

Joined May 20, 2006
Originally posted by n9xv@May 21 2006, 10:07 AM
[post=17258]Quoted post[/post]​
Some time ago, I've try to patch the standard Recorder, I've to search in my notes, if this is possibile (now I can't remember) I'll send to you the patch.

Cheers
Pow