executing a program on another computer

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
OK, me and a friend are working on a project at school.
You can access the C drive of any computer of our schools network with the network location "stuff I dont remember/COMPUTER NAME/$"
We have written the code to scan and see which computers are online and accessible (I wrote a simple batch with 4 user inputs and a couple loops, showed it to him, inspired him, he went all out in C# sunday afternoon)
Anyway, we can put a file on the C drives, but we need a way to execute the file on the target computer, not the one that we're doing this from.
This probably sounds kinda sketch, but dont worry, it's just a VBS script to eject the disc drive as a physical indicator that the goal was accomplished.

(funny story, we kinda crashed one computer and massivley lagged another by accidentially sending infinite pings before scripting a close button :p
his dad was not happy when he got lagged out of facebook poker :rolleyes:)

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You shouldn't be able to instantly execute a file on a remote PC without installing anything (but it is Windows so there might be a security hole).
You might be able to put a program in the startup folder so it runs on next boot, then you can do pretty much what you want, you could have the script look for a filename in a loop, then eject the disk, then it will eject every time you copy that file to the remote PC.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
This is also called a computer virus.
is it a virus if it dosen't spread itself?
and besides, it dosen't actually DO anything
it's just a challenge

Perhaps you could telnet into the other computer....?
Thanks, I'll look into it :)

Install VNC (free) on both systems, and you can run both from one desktop.
nah, can't install anything on the other computer :p

You shouldn't be able to instantly execute a file on a remote PC without installing anything (but it is Windows so there might be a security hole).
You might be able to put a program in the startup folder so it runs on next boot, then you can do pretty much what you want, you could have the script look for a filename in a loop, then eject the disk, then it will eject every time you copy that file to the remote PC.
I'm not sure if we can access the startup folder, but the autoexec.bat might work...