ESP8266 for controlling selenoid door lock relay

Watha

Joined Feb 4, 2022
I'm truly sorry everyone, I did not realoze I have yet to post the question in this thread.

So, I powered up NodeMCU through USB Cable plugged in my Laptop, and someone suggested to me to use "Vin" pin for VCC instead.
I could hear the relay clicking when I powered it up meaning that the relay works. Voltage measured around 4.26Volt.
But it refused to work when I change the value in Pin D7. When the value is "HIGH", the current measured is around 2.67 Volt. Is that why the relay does not work?
I'm currently using JQC-3FF-S-Z. Should I change my relay module?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
That relay module requires 5 volts at Vcc.
There is a 3 volt relay module available for the ESP8266 or use the 5 volts from the USB supply for Vcc.
3v Relay Board Raspberry Pi Arduino Relay Module 1 Channel Opto-Isolate High Level Trigger for IOT ESP8266 Microcontrollers Development Board

1644035850130.png

Last edited:

Watha

Joined Feb 4, 2022
There is a 3 volt relay module available for the ESP8266 or use the 5 volts from the USB supply for Vcc.
3v Relay Board Raspberry Pi Arduino Relay Module 1 Channel Opto-Isolate High Level Trigger for IOT ESP8266 Microcontrollers Development Board

View attachment 259708
Hello Sghioto.
Thank you for reply.
I've already ordered the relay as you suggested and it might arrived tomorrow or the day after.
I'll update you when the modul has arrived.

Watha

Joined Feb 4, 2022

View attachment 259708
Hello sghioto, thank you very much for your advice. I've successfully use 3.3V Module relay to control the selenoid door lock by using pin 3.3V from ESP for VCC in Relay. I really appreciated your help and all the people here for helping me out ^^
Once again thank you.