Esp8266 and camera can't connected to internet

Guntur Andy

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I have a nodemcu esp8266, and i have web camera that don't need driver to run. I want to acces the camera from the esp and share it over the internet. And i can acces the video anywhere.

I have try to put html program to esp, and make it web server, but i didn't receive any video. Need help or idea how to access the camera over internet via esp8266.

Guntur Andy

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Im using web camera. It is not connected to esp. The camera connected to pc. I want to share the image over internet using tunnel.
I can't describe it well, i'm really sorry.
The point is. I want to display dht11 measurement + relay control + video. In one tab browser. The problem so far, is to display the video. I'm using "ngrok.io" to tunnel the ip of esp8266. But i can't do it with camera, because it is different addres with the esp. I think.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Im using web camera. It is not connected to esp. The camera connected to pc. I want to share the image over internet using tunnel.
I can't describe it well, i'm really sorry.
The point is. I want to display dht11 measurement + relay control + video. In one tab browser. The problem so far, is to display the video. I'm using "ngrok.io" to tunnel the ip of esp8266. But i can't do it with camera, because it is different addres with the esp. I think.
In order to get help, you'll need to draw a picture of the various parts and how they are connected. You'll also need to explain what you expect the end result to do.

The diagram is very important, otherwise we can only guess at things.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It is very important that we know how you have connected things in order to provide answers for you.

Here is a quick diagram to show but a few of the possibilities.

DC838BAC-A36C-4EE6-B574-056ED0EBCDA4.jpeg

Based on your earlier responses, I would guess option C is not what you want. Are the connections hard-wired? Are they wireless or a hybrid? Where is each device located?

Here is a lot of information. You might need some of it. You might not. But without knowing many more details of your environment, i can’t help.

Some basic information. When you connect to the Internet, you will have a router. In part that’s because your devices all have a local address and not an Internet address. Likely, unless you’re running a large web farm, you will only have ONE Internet address. The router “routes” traffic from this Internet address to your device’s local address.

AND, your Internet address will change over time. This is why a remote device can’t talk to an internal device reliably.

This type of address is called a dynamic address. One that doesn’t change is called a static address.

So, you either need to pay $$$ and get a static Internet address or use a service that dynamically maps your device to the dynamic address.

Secondly, all the internal devices involved will need a static address so that they can talk to each other. There is one exception, but you need to understand and configure an internal DNS service. It’s easier to assign static addresses.

There is another exception, and that is if you have software on both devices that can scan and ask the other device to identify its address.

Now, you have all devices talking to each other. You know or can find their actual IP addresses. You need to allow them through the routers. I usually use a unique port number (an extension to the IP address in a way). Then, the router can accept data on a specific port and send it to the correct internal device’s IP and port.

There’s a lot here. Depending on the device software, it may be simplified considerably.

But all of this is moot unless we know the physical connections.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I got this in an email. You may have to pay for it.

ESP32-CAM Video Streaming and Face Recognition with Arduino IDE

This article is a quick getting started guide for the ESP32-CAM board. We’ll show you how to setup a video streaming web server with face recognition and detection in less than 5 minutes with Arduino IDE.

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-cam-video-streaming-face-recognition-arduino-ide/
The ESP32-CAM is a special board. It might be worth looking at, though.

Guntur Andy

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'm Sorry taking to long time to relpy.
Here is the sample what i want, this picture come with "LAN" connection over wifi. the picture from my another android device using ipcam software.
It's generated an ip it self, and i can only tunnel 1 ip it is from the esp8266, and i can't tunnel the ip from camera.

Attachments