Error while running LVS using Cadence

Joe24

Joined May 18, 2007
29 Jul 2008 20:16 Error while running LVS on Cadence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I am having an error when I run LVS using Cadence. The error states:

Invalid LVS run directory
You must initialize the LVS run with a valid LVS run directory
before you can probe.

I have no idea what this error is or how to fix it. I have never seen it before.

Can someone give me an idea of how to get rid of it? Thanks alot.

by the way, I should mention that I am not an expert with cadence, Im familiar with the basics and am just learning it. So if you can please explain as if talking not to an expert but an newbie. Thanks again.

Dieds

Joined Jul 29, 2008
Not to thread-jack, but Cadence just launched a new user community. If no one here can help, check over there and then paste what you learn here to help other folks with the same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
29 Jul 2008 20:16 Error while running LVS on Cadence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I am having an error when I run LVS using Cadence. The error states:

Invalid LVS run directory
You must initialize the LVS run with a valid LVS run directory
before you can probe.

I have no idea what this error is or how to fix it. I have never seen it before.

Can someone give me an idea of how to get rid of it? Thanks alot.

by the way, I should mention that I am not an expert with cadence, Im familiar with the basics and am just learning it. So if you can please explain as if talking not to an expert but an newbie. Thanks again.
I recall similar issues some time back. IIRC you need to set the CDS_Netlisting_Mode to value "Analog" - this allows LVS to run as normal.

Not to thread-jack, but Cadence just launched a new user community. If no one here can help, check over there and then paste what you learn here to help other folks with the same issue.
How slow is that user community? Btw, I have edited your link in-line with our rules on advertising.

Dave

Joe24

Joined May 18, 2007
Yes that's right. I visited the site. But it is not that straight forward to post a question. I was navigating throught the site for a while, and registered as well. At the end, I was not able to find a way to post my question. I am able to view other posts, but not sure how to post.

Maybe something I am not seeing.

Joe24

Joined May 18, 2007
I recall similar issues some time back. IIRC you need to set the CDS_Netlisting_Mode to value "Analog" - this allows LVS to run as normal.

How slow is that user community? Btw, I have edited your link in-line with our rules on advertising.

Dave
Thanks Dave. But again, I am relatively new to Cadence, so the next question to you would be: How do I change the mode to Analog??

Thanks

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks Dave. But again, I am relatively new to Cadence, so the next question to you would be: How do I change the mode to Analog??

Thanks
It is over 3 years since I have used Cadence and the information I am giving is gleamed from my old logbook, so this is given without warranties. Firstly, you need to veryfy that the CDS_Netlisting_Mode mode is set correctly; i.e. you need to ascertain if your mode you are working in is "Analog" or "Digital".

At the CL, type:

Rich (BB code):
getShellEnvVar("CDS_Netlisting_Mode")
What do you get?

Dave