English as a second language - Articles

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have spent a number of years here on AAC giving my expertise and assistance freely in so many different ways.
For me, AAC has crossed the line. I'm outta here. So long fellows. It was nice knowing you.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
To quote the film title, "Goodbye, Mr Chips". We'll miss your valuable contributions.
I suspect other regular members will be joining you unless the site improves.

Well... I feel @adam labarbera 's admission of @Lestraveled 's (excellent) suggestion is both a 'step in the right direction' and an indication of genuine openness to feedback on the part of 'management'! --- @MrChips (et al) Please reconsider! While I can well imagine the sense of betrayal long time, prolific, members must feel at the recent 'turn of events' please bear in mind that you folks are the veritable backbone of this site! -- On top of all else we can little afford an exodus of prominent members -- at any time -- but especially at this critical juncture!

Most Sincerely
HP

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
This is an unabashedly selfish post. AAC is my primary online community. It's members are it's value, particularly the top 1%. @MrChips your leaving would greatly affect the site. Please reconsider.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Your criticism is both crushing and necessary. As some of you know we are working with writers from around the world who are creating content. As it seems, some is better than others, and we understand this as an issue.
So why not create a second site for this content? AAC has been and should stay the world standard for electronics forums and learning. If you doubt that just look at the upstart sites pirating the content from here as there own.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
So why not create a second site for this content?
A second revenue stream is good. After all, multiple streams fill the pool faster than a single stream. It appears arduino projects is the flavor du jour.

A google search on arduino projects resulted in :
About 7,150,000 results ... the competition

Google searches AAC probably a few times per day. AAC is not on the top 50 on that topic.

If they did a separate site per project, the all can have crosslinks. Even an arduino projects in the eBook can link to the sites.

Identify the niche. Exploit the niche.

Yes it's good to expand your revenue streams. The internet allows you to have multiple streams going to the single pool of revenue you hold near and dear to you.