Elevator Design Problem assignment HELP

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
Hey Guys, I was given this problem as a homework assignment and my group is absolutely lost on how to set up this logic and could really use some help on how to do so or if someone could do it quick for me and explain it for a better understanding. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Project assignment is
attached. This is due tomorrow- ish and could really use the help ASAP. Thanks again.

digital logic.PNG

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
Hello,

I moved your thread to homework help.
What have you done upto now to solve the assignment?

Bertus
We have met as a group multiple times. Trying to figure out how to set up the truth tables, or if there need to be multiple circuits integrated, and things like that. We are honestly at an absolute loss on how to set anything up to get it working properly Let alone how to put the whole Elevator together. we have tried looking at counter circuits we have created, but again this is something far more advanced than we have done in class with logic alone...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to show the best attempt that YOU have made to solve YOUR assignment.

Don't just expect someone to do your work for you and then write your explanation on top of that.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Given the course description:

This course introduces digital logic and circuits. Topics include continuous and discrete number representations, binary arithmetic, combinational logic (Boolean algebra, truth tables, Karnaugh maps, encoders, decoders, multiplexer), sequential logic (flip-flops, timing diagrams, counters, registers, state machines, memory), integrated circuit issues (operating characteristics, logic voltage levels, propagation delay, fan-out), power dissipation) and programmable logic devices. Digital circuits are implemented and tested utilizing both schematic diagram representation and hardware description language (HDL). Prerequisite: ELEC2250, Network Theory I.

It seems like you have covered all of the necessary topics.

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
You need to show the best attempt that YOU have made to solve YOUR assignment.

Don't just expect someone to do your work for you and then write your explanation on top of that.
I don't think you get what i'm asking. We are asking for someone to help us do it, yes it will be in a way done for us but we are looking for an explanation and help on why it works. I don't have work to show because there are some random truth tables in notebooks, some circuits that were built and deleted because it makes no sense to us I only posted to this thread because I figured someone here knew what they were doing and could do and explain how it makes sense, this our last option. we are 100% lost and will fail if we don't do it, and even worst because we still wont know what we are doing or looking for because no one ever did it with us before. You know what I mean.

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
Given the course description:

This course introduces digital logic and circuits. Topics include continuous and discrete number representations, binary arithmetic, combinational logic (Boolean algebra, truth tables, Karnaugh maps, encoders, decoders, multiplexer), sequential logic (flip-flops, timing diagrams, counters, registers, state machines, memory), integrated circuit issues (operating characteristics, logic voltage levels, propagation delay, fan-out), power dissipation) and programmable logic devices. Digital circuits are implemented and tested utilizing both schematic diagram representation and hardware description language (HDL). Prerequisite: ELEC2250, Network Theory I.

It seems like you have covered all of the necessary topics.
I also wouldn't rlly heavily on WIT's descriptions. thats what they say It depends on what the professor actually gets to for example this part"memory), integrated circuit issues (operating characteristics, logic voltage levels, propagation delay, fan-out), power dissipation) and programmable logic devices." I haven't seen one thing of. Also if we understood what we were learning or went over specific examples like this I probably wouldn't be here looking for help.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
We have the verilog all set.
Then if the logic of the system is known you need to represent each logic function by at least one IC such as a multiple-input AND gate, OR gate etc which can respectively perform the logic. The schematic showing all the linked ICs can then be used to simulate system operation.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't think you get what i'm asking. We are asking for someone to help us do it, yes it will be in a way done for us but we are looking for an explanation and help on why it works. I don't have work to show because there are some random truth tables in notebooks, some circuits that were built and deleted because it makes no sense to us I only posted to this thread because I figured someone here knew what they were doing and could do and explain how it makes sense, this our last option. we are 100% lost and will fail if we don't do it, and even worst because we still wont know what we are doing or looking for because no one ever did it with us before. You know what I mean.
So would your professor agree that having someone do it for you and explain how it works is acceptable? Or would they consider it cheating? Different professors/courses/assignments have different bounds for what is considered acceptable outside assistance.

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
So would your professor agree that having someone do it for you and explain how it works is acceptable? Or would they consider it cheating? Different professors/courses/assignments have different bounds for what is considered acceptable outside assistance.
It's not cheating, we are allowed to get help from others and other groups/people But we were the only ones assigned this Project so there is no one with to similar of a project.

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
Then if the logic of the system is known you need to represent each logic function by at least one IC such as a multiple-input AND gate, OR gate etc which can respectively perform the logic. The schematic showing all the linked ICs can then be used to simulate system operation.
We don't have/know how to exactly create the logic im saying. we don't know how to set up the truth tables to acquire logic and how many truth tables we actually need

1devdog

Joined Dec 8, 2017
This does not meet all your requirements but it might get you started .... http://www.iosrjen.org/Papers/vol3_issue12 (part-2)/G031223845.pdf

Post your work towards your project.
Yes, I've looked at that, I also googled and found it and am still confused I came here as a last ditch effort for help, as even on Chegg I cant find any help. And this seemed to be the place to go... guessing I was wrong. Now our group is 2 days late :/ and we still haven't found anyone that knows how to do it in order to help and show us the way.