Electronics Technology, Bell and Howell Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayrhead

Joined Dec 20, 2017
Good Afternoon. Thanks for letting me join the Site. I have a 10 section Electronics Technology Course Manuals(1970's) from the Bell and Howell Schools. I don't know if anyone would be interested in them or not. It is a complete course set. I have no further use for them. I also have many RCC manuals that are no longer required. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Harry

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
I actually took one of those courses, but not from a Bell and Howell school, they sponsored the course through another school.

If it’s the same course I took I would recommend it to any beginner.

There is a word of caution tho…They don’t speak of conventional current in those courses, at least not the one I took, so there could be some confusion created where they always referred to electron flow as “current”. (your course may differ)

Also some of the other material may be out of date, but still good reference material.

Ayrhead

Joined Dec 20, 2017
I actually took one of those courses, but not from a Bell and Howell school, they sponsored the course through another school.

There is a word of caution tho…They don’t speak of conventional current in those courses, at least not the one I took, so there could be some confusion created where they always referred to electron flow as “current”. (your course may differ)

Also some of the other material may be out of date, but still good reference material.
I originally got them from n older gentleman who took the course and then started to do T.V. and radio repairs. He has long since passed away and wanted the manuals to go to someone who would benefit from them. I thought they might be good for club that could use them as a reference type material...I have been hanging on to them for quite some time now and thought I would try and find a good place to donate them to...
Thanks for your input.
Harry

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I originally got them from n older gentleman who took the course and then started to do T.V. and radio repairs. He has long since passed away and wanted the manuals to go to someone who would benefit from them. I thought they might be good for club that could use them as a reference type material...I have been hanging on to them for quite some time now and thought I would try and find a good place to donate them to...
Thanks for your input.
Harry
It would be nice to archive the RCC manuals, for what reasons I am not sure.
I used to visit the public library regularly to access those RCC manuals.

coaxWrench

Joined Dec 22, 2019

20191222 date, I am greatly interested in the Bell and Howell coarse. Deep into coarse, I finally or intially recognized 'reference points', which changed everything in study. Also interested in RCC. Aryhead, please reply. I am (finally) creating inventions. Thanks, Jon.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
To get useful materials to somebody who will value them one option that I have utilized is "Craig's List". I put the items on the list through the help of a friend who is registered on it. But it does not always work right away.
That is one way to pass them on. And you should charge at least a small amount just to be sure that they go to somebody who actually wants them.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am greatly interested in the Bell and Howell coarse. Deep into coarse, I finally or intially recognized 'reference points', which changed everything in study.
I was almost suckered into taking one of those courses. Fortunately I was a minor and was able to get out of the contract.

At my first job, other technicians on the line would make snide comments about where people learned electronics. Bell and Howell and DeVry were the butt of many jokes.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I never make jokes about those who attended some of those schools, but I would ALWAYS keep in mind what they actually knew and understood. That varied very widely. Some were clueless while other had obviously known a whole lot before they ever attended the school. The very worst was one person who presumed that one semester made him as qualified as an engineer who had learned a whole lot in his 5 years.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I never make jokes about those who attended some of those schools, but I would ALWAYS keep in mind what they actually knew and understood.
You are a kinder person than those I first worked with out of school. The way they made themselves feel better was by making fun of the new techs. I stayed there for a year and then transferred to an R&D position.

jamie7

Joined Jul 15, 2009
Good Afternoon. Thanks for letting me join the Site. I have a 10 section Electronics Technology Course Manuals(1970's) from the Bell and Howell Schools. I don't know if anyone would be interested in them or not. It is a complete course set. I have no further use for them. I also have many RCC manuals that are no longer required. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Harry
Harry, I am looking for the assembly and calibration info on the vintage Transistorized Meter MD-190 used in the early courses. Do you think the information may be in this batch? Thanks, Jamie

jamie7

Joined Jul 15, 2009
I am looking for the assembly and calibration info on the vintage Bell & Howell/DEVRY Transistorized Meter MD-190 used in the early courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.