Electronics Storage ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.killjoy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Senior Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I need some help cause I tired of my electronics being all over the place in my closet .. My work space is my kitchen table and has to be cleaned off each time I am done .. So I am looking for a cheap way to store my parts and tools in some kind of tote that will be easy to access and will fit into a small closet and won't kill me on cost ???
    Any ideas will help..

Thanks
    Jay Sr

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    When I first started out I used these clear plastic organizer boxes that have dividers. I still have a few of them today, which makes them 30 plus years old.

Dr.killjoy likes this.
  3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Sinus23 and Dr.killjoy like this.
  4. jpanhalt

Expert

Jan 18, 2008
    1) Get a new kitchen table to use for eating.
    2) Use appropriate isolation techniques for people who interfere:
    Source=Microchip ICSP Manual
    upload_2014-12-9_4-40-7.png

Good luck.

John

5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Well anyway... I have just finished my starage needs FINALLY. Similar situation, I need to make it all go away as soon as the boss (wife) tells me to.

I love Sterilite boxes, the "bamboo" ones available only from Walmart. The covers lock, and the bases nest into other boxes of same or larger size. I use the small and medium size ones. For larger project boxes (sonethin like 9 by 11) I get them from Target as the Walmosr ones don't have that size.

Everything gets dumped nicely into a Sterilite mini crate. It was like it was made to hold these boxes 3 deep, and the crates nest into each other so you can stack them witout worrying they will fall.

Dr.killjoy likes this.
  6. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Senior Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Can I see pics ?? I am thinking of getting little bags for my resistors and other parts and the stack them in sterl boxes which I can at a dollar store.. But I need to fit them all in a large tote.. I am really trying to keep this cheap but easily accessible.. I also have 2 milk crates filled with wires and walwarts which I need to decide what goes and what stays.. Any other great ideas guys??

7. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Let's see, you are asking for a system that...
    - keeps your hobby contained in a defined container
    - all parts in that container should be easily accessible
    - cheap
    - keeps wife happy

This type of device defies physics as much as any over unity device - I bet the mods close this thread soon.

ErnieM, Alec_t and #12 like this.
  8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Are you kidding, I'm watching this with great interest. I have my own solution that I will make (someday). A pigonhole nest for banker boxes. The idea is to be able to access each banker box without digging.

I've attached my proposed storage list as it stands.

Here is a rough idea what it might look like.

[​IMG]

Thing is, I'm always open to ideas.

9. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes.