Electronics question help-E,I,R

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
You're the one that said that any answer above the minimum would have to be accepted if the question was worded that way. So what are you saying now? That you might not accept an answer that you said would have to be accepted?
No, read it again. There is a comma and the word "or". I'm sure you can work through what an "or" means in a sentence, right?
So, to be clear, I'm the one that said, @MrChips can drop the word "minimum" if he wanted to accept any answer greater than the minimum OR, he can waste a bunch of time arguing weigh students who want to claim the answer could be right. I'm not the type to argue with students so I prefer clear questions and clear answers. You argue like one of those "B" students I spent too much time with in grad school who nit-picks and think they deserve an "A" - so I'm done.

Look closely - a comma and an OR in my sentence above so you still get an F.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No, read it again. There is a comma and the word "or". I'm sure you can work through what an "or" means in a sentence, right?
So, to be clear, I'm the one that said, @MrChips can drop the word "minimum" if he wanted to accept any answer greater than the minimum OR, he can waste a bunch of time arguing weigh students who want to claim the answer could be right. I'm not the type to argue with students so I prefer clear questions and clear answers. You argue like one of those "B" students I spent too much time with in grad school who nit-picks and think they deserve an "A" - so I'm done.

Look closely - a comma and an OR in my sentence above so you still get an F.
Why would he want to accept any answer above the minimum when it WOULD be wrong? But be that as it may, as you have once again immediately gone to personal insults, I too am done.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Why would he want to accept any answer above the minimum when it WOULD be wrong? But be that as it may, as you have once again immediately gone to personal insults, I too am done.
My god, read it again. I didn't say it was right, I didn't say he should want to. I just said he should either give it to them or the nit-picky B students who are trying to a argue for a better grade will jump all over the ambiguity which will result in wasted time explaining to students that you won't give them - otherwise, feel free to point out where I said those things you think I said. I'm a bit bored in a hospital waiting room right now. I'll see what I can do to help you understand... maybe.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I thought you were done. Guess not. But I am. I hope that whatever has you in a hospital waiting room turns out well.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I thought you were done. Guess not. But I am. I hope that whatever has you in a hospital waiting room turns out well.
Thanks - a neighbor needed a ride for an allergic reaction. Her husband should be here shortly to take over my watch.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The question is just badly worded. If the answer is so simple then it is a silly question to ask students.

If Vo = Vi then that implies that the gain is unity.

The circuit diagram shows the symbol of an ideal op-amp which in theory can output infinite current. It would have been more instructive for the professor to ask a question with some real values.

So let’s all drop this silly question and give the professor an F.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
The question is just badly worded. If the answer is so simple then it is a silly question to ask students.

If Vo = Vi then that implies that the gain is unity.

The circuit diagram shows the symbol of an ideal op-amp which in theory can output infinite current. It would have been more instructive for the professor to ask a question with some real values.

So let’s all drop this silly question and give the professor an F.
And maybe a reason why the OP has never come back.