electronic exercise, I would like help if possible.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

For homework, we can only offer guidance. You'll learn more that way.

Post the work you've done so far. It would also be helpful if you posted an English translation of the problem.

otmane

Joined May 14, 2020
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to answer my question ^^
really I'm trying to do my best but the first question blocked me :(.... seeing that I am in front of two unconu values current I2 and resistance R2 in the stage when I would like to use the simple maille law mesh .......

o_O
the question is : determine the value of R1 .this resistance determines the current Iz necessary for the stabilization of the zener diode

. really i will be very grateful if you could help me

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
the question is : determine the value of R1 .this resistance determines the current Iz necessary for the stabilization of the zener diode
What are your ideas for calculating an appropriate value for R1?

What are the tolerances for the calculations? The problem says that R2 is fixed at 1k ohm, but you are using a 10V zener and need to have a minimum current emitter current of 1mA. What assumptions are you supposed to make regarding the transistor?

otmane

Joined May 14, 2020
hello, glade to see your response
this exercice tends to show us how variable current generator works by using zener and transistor :) our duty is to find the value of R1 and the fixed value of potentiometer in order this circuit could plays its role perfectly
PS: i have
I tried without success all kinds of meshes in order to find the current which crossed R1

I really appreciate your suggestions .....

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi otmane,
I have translated to English for you, hope it helps. E

Determine the value of R1. this resistance determines the Iz current necessary for the stabilization of the zener diode

The short circuit current of this can be regulated thanks to a potentiometer between two limit values

Fix P to have a current source, between approximately 1 mA and 10mA. what is the role of R2

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I tried without success all kinds of meshes in order to find the current which crossed R1
Show or explain to us what you've tried and why you think that technique isn't working.

I think you're over complicating this. What year of your studies are you in?