Electrisaver timer activator

Aitch

Joined Dec 8, 2020
Hi,
I have a timer (see image below) that controls the electric heater but it only turns on when you press the button. My room gets cold in the mornings and i would like to know if there is anything out there that i can attach to activate the heater. Or even make it myself with. Something with a timer and something to press the button, thats battery operated preferably.
Thanks
1607424097110.png

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You want it to turn on at a specific time of day? Perhaps a timer would be a better choice of control. They can have multiple on/off cycles each day and differnt cycles for particular days, e.g. the weekend may be different to weekdays.

Aitch

Joined Dec 8, 2020
You want it to turn on at a specific time of day? Perhaps a timer would be a better choice of control. They can have multiple on/off cycles each day and differnt cycles for particular days, e.g. the weekend may be different to weekdays.
Yes, i want it to turn on before i wake up. I cant tamper with the actual control as im renting and its wired to the mains so theres no way i can add a timer to the unit. The only way i can control it is through the electrisaver.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The only way I can see to do that is some mechanical system (RC servo/solenoid) to press the button at the right time. This would need to be mounted to the wall. Would that be allowed?

Aitch

Joined Dec 8, 2020
The only way I can see to do that is some mechanical system (RC servo/solenoid) to press the button at the right time. This would need to be mounted to the wall. Would that be allowed?
Well as long as i dont damage the unit, no one would know about it so yh should be fine. I dont think there would be anything out there prebuilt, its a little niche.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
The ebay item would be a replacement for what you currently have – it would appear to be the correct size (being the size of a single gang switch plate – fixed by two screws). Although you might need to consider the depth of the mounting plate required for the timer unit.

Aitch

Joined Dec 8, 2020
The ebay item would be a replacement for what you currently have – it would appear to be the correct size (being the size of a single gang switch plate – fixed by two screws). Although you might need to consider the depth of the mounting plate required for the timer unit.
thank you but i cant make any modifications to it like that. I think this is something i will need to get the parts together for and make myself.