Electrical (On/Off) switch to text message

kunduruswaroop

Joined Jan 2, 2021
In a room there are 7 light bulbs. Is there any way I can see a text message in my phone about the status of the light bulbs weather they are on or off?.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In a room there are 7 light bulbs. Is there any way I can see a text message in my phone about the status of the light bulbs weather they are on or off?.
Yes it can be done pretty easily. Several months ago I bought four smart outlets from Amazon. I bought four of these at about $5 each. I can read their status using the Alexa app on my phone or any of several other software apps. I can turn things On or Off or just see their status. I can also program them to turn On or Off at a schedule individually. My "Smart Life" app works great with them as well as my Amazon Echo using Alexa. I also have a few relay cards which run on 12 VDC which I can remotely turn On and Off.

Using for example you can use an ARDUINO MKR GSM 1400 which will have you sending and receiving text via your Arduino. I suggest you read about it. You can then have your Arduino send text messages to your smart phone when certain conditions are met like smoke detected, fire detected, water leaks, floods and about anything you choose to detect. Change room thermostat settings and the list goes on.

Really depends on exactly what you want/need to do.

Ron