electrical calculations?

huiamu

Joined Dec 20, 2006
Hello to all .
I've started a project in wich i want to output 1000KV , the main important question is how to calculate the components of the circuit , resistors , power suply , condensators ...
Long time ago i haved a book with all the formulas and calculations needed to acomplish the fantasy . Anyway i've lost it and now searching but seems the book can not be find.
Do you have some book in opinion a good book indeed,carefully explained. I want to make the proper calculations about the electricity wich will flow in the circuit .

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Your query is a touch vague to be of any real assistance with your project. Practically all the necessary equations that have significance to electronic circuits are contained in the All About Circuits On-line Textbook. I suggest you have a browse and try to familarise yourself with the necessary details. m4yh3m has provided a series of Cheat Sheets for download with many of the relevant equations for circuits, I would recommend you take a look.

Once you have re-aquainted yourself with the details of circuits feel free to ask the forums for more specific help. Good luck.

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello to all .
I've started a project in wich i want to output 1000KV , the main important question is how to calculate the components of the circuit , resistors , power suply , condensators ...
Long time ago i haved a book with all the formulas and calculations needed to acomplish the fantasy . Anyway i've lost it and now searching but seems the book can not be find.
Do you have some book in opinion a good book indeed,carefully explained. I want to make the proper calculations about the electricity wich will flow in the circuit .
1000KV for the uninitiated is one million volts. You may be talking about a Van de Graaf generator or you are an electric utility. I seriously doubt that you could generate such a vlotage with ordinary parts. Even if you could I'm by no means convinced that you should. If you want to play with fire you should have a plan for what to do when you burn your fingers.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Anyone want to bet? I'll bet that, if he replies, he will say that he meant 1kV, or 1000V.
Of course, I could be wrong. I was once before. :)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Anyone want to bet? I'll bet that, if he replies, he will say that he meant 1kV, or 1000V.
Of course, I could be wrong. I was once before. :)
Wow, you must have been lucky!

To be fair, when writing up to a forum it is an easy mistake to make - I just hope that people don't make the same mistake in reality.

Dave