EEprom programmer........

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
Please someone assist me. I tried programming my eeprom AT28C256 (just received 10 more - back to project) few weeks ago with an arduino but .....

I'm using cmos 4000 series and the high output from arduino pins is around 5v which is low for these chips. I tried using amplifiers but I did not have much luck (this is the route to take?)

Please how to do this? I have just an arduino and myself(up to the task)

Thanks for your help. I don't know what to do

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Why do you think the 5V HIGH level output from Arduino is too low?

Are these new AT28C256? Or used? If used, data protection could have been enabled.

It would be helpful if you described/showed your write timing. There are two methods WE or CE controlled.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Why do you think the 5V HIGH level output from Arduino is too low?

Are these new AT28C256? Or used? If used, data protection could have been enabled.

It would be helpful if you described/showed your write timing. There are two methods WE or CE controlled.

I read it as 5V is too low for the 4000 series.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Arduino is CMOS. CMOS to CMOS at 5V isn't a problem. AT28C256 inputs are TTL compatible, so there's no problem there either.

Not according to the TS!!

I'm using cmos 4000 series and the high output from arduino pins is around 5v which is low for these chips. I tried using amplifiers but I did not have much luck (this is the route to take?)

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Not according to the TS!!

The TS's statement that 5 volts "is low for these chips" made me wonder whether he's trying to power his 4000 CMOS from some voltage other than 5 volts, such as 10V, 12V or 15V-- and if so, why. It wouldn't make any sense to do that, but that's the only circumstance I can think of where the logic HIGH output level from Arduino I/O pins would not be adequate.

In any case, lacking a schematic diagram of his setup and a clear and complete description of just exactly what isn't working right, we're left guessing in the dark. I've never used an AT28C256, but reading through the data sheet it looks like programming these devices is pretty straightforward, even trivial, so what's gone wrong is a mystery.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Instead of just liking our posts, explain what you want to do (including providing a schematic) or asked that the thread be closed and stop wasting everyone's time.