EE book recommendations for student finish degree

zumdar

Joined Feb 2, 2014
Hello folks! I am finishing up my EE degree here in May and now that I've finally gotten the hang of this stuff I feel like I want to tackle some more in-depth books about electrical engineering. I've started to read some of Jim Williams books like "Analog Circuit Design: Art, Science, and Personalities" and really like the technical and readable style of Jim. Are there any other books along the same lines? Technical books but with style and personality? I'm always reading Art of Electronics which i feel also has that personality and technical aspect.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Anything by Robert Pease who was an application engineer at Nation Semiconductor while Jim Williams was good friendand an application engineer at Linear Technology. Jim died in June 2011 from a stroke and Robert crashed his car and died about a week later as he left the site of Jim William's funeral, the cause being through to be a heart attack. A great loss to us all.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I'm always reading Art of Electronics which i feel also has that personality and technical aspect.
I'm not a fan of that author or his style. I went to school 40 years ago, so don't have any recommendations for more current publications.

zumdar

Joined Feb 2, 2014
Anything by Robert Pease who was an application engineer at Nation Semiconductor while Jim Williams was good friend and an application engineer at Linear Technology. Jim died in June 2011 from a stroke and Robert crashed his car and died about a week later as he left the site of Jim William's funeral, the cause being through to be a heart attack. A great loss to us all.
awesome! thank you! I had heard Bob's name in doing some other reading but hadn't read anything yet. This is totally the kind of thing I'm looking for. So tragic to hear about his untimely passing. Both of their legacies live on!