ecu swap (bosh) of benz

arunpradh

Joined Dec 11, 2013
can any one help me to get the software and transponder key programming of benz? my old ecu was dead due to water damage.i got an ecu from another car of same model and i think its good.i need to match it with my car.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
can any one help me to get the software and transponder key programming of benz? my old ecu was dead due to water damage.i got an ecu from another car of same model and i think its good.i need to match it with my car.
I'm going to guess that it is not exactly open source. I'd be surprised if there was a copy in the wild.

I have a Toyota and the transponder key programming is DEPENDENT on having a working MASTER key if your programming on a car.
The programming sequence is nuts. Your actually letting another key operate the vehicle. When I did it, it was a 20 minute process after the key was cut.

In some cases, the programming systems require locksmith credentials to obtain.

Refurbished ECU's come in a given state, but I don't know how transponder or security such as the radio being matched to the VIN issues are handled.

To even get any response at all, the model and year needs to be given.

Chevrolet is now requiring that the software be "rented" with a minimum 3 day rental. Key stuff is still off limits without "credentials".

Last edited:

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
You will need to take it to a dealer and have them flash the ECU to the car. Not cheap but cheaper than any other way you are going to find. All O EM software is proprietary in automotive.

cork_ie

Joined Oct 8, 2011
A lot depends on the age and ECU type. Mercedes & Bosch covers a range of about a thousand different ECU part numbers.
Many older Bosch ECUs had the immobiliser data located on an eeprom chip in the ECU.
If you can locate the eeprom on the ECUs and swap them over, it should solve your problem.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
EEPROM is the newest style which is flashed with software. Removable chips are PROM chips. Some immobilizer data is contained on the instrument cluster. We need more info to help you.